Raise rise? Elevator?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone.

I was thinking about geting ray cosbys impossible card magic to learn the raise rise move and i was wondering, is it really as hard as they say it is? Iv heard pros saying it takes years to learn.

Also i was wondering about the Shigeo Futagawa's Elevator Move, how hard is it? and how are the angels?

Iv heard you can learn it from a dvd called The zenneth code does anyone know if its a good dvd?

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
The Raise Rise move is very hard indeed. Some sleights do require years of work, but it really depends on the person.
The elevator move isn't as difficult, but it does require some practice. The angle isn't that good either.

Sep 1, 2007
raise rise wont take years to learn
it will however, be hard to learn
what i do with it is learn it perfectly, as in the fingers position and stuff
and instead of practicing straight, when im just sitting down and flourishing ill practice it every now and than
been doing that for a good few months now and i can do it, all it needs is a bit of refinement

Dec 5, 2007
What kind of angels is there on The elevator move? Also i was wondering if the teachin on it is good on the zenneth code dvd.

For the raise rise, once you got it down is it still hard to do? Would you say its possible to get it down in 4 months if you practiced alot?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
The ambitious riser move is not hard to do, and you may have it down in under a week is you practice enough and have good cards.

However the whole ambitious raise rise routine will take quite a while to master.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Raise raise is very hard. Elevator makes some noise. I can give you the ray cosby DVD throught a trade to save you money. If you want.

Dec 5, 2007
The ambitious riser move is not hard to do, and you may have it down in under a week is you practice enough and have good cards.

However the whole ambitious raise rise routine will take quite a while to master.

what is the whole routine?

Hey guys just wondering,

Firstly I have ABOSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW THIS WORKS AND IM LIKE OMG....

ok now I wanna know if the card actually moves from bottom to top and you can cleanly show it at each phase (bottom to middle, middle to top etc...), because that jusst seems impossible to me...

All i want is a YES or NO answer, I only want this because the other method in my head seems much more simple and I dont want to reveal it... BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I AM GONNA GET THIS...

The move is not the hardest in card magic at all. If you know your way through cards, you'll find it an average diffeculty move. Personally, I did it the first time I saw how its done in the DVD. However, its a move thats easy to do, but will take some practice to do well smoothly, and make it deceptive.

It wont take you a year to master it ( unless you're new to magic obviously ), no way, this is not a faro shuffle or a pass. Its a simple move once you get the grip of the deck right. With good practice, you'll nail it in months.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
The difficult thing about Raise Rise, in my opinion, is the get ready, not the actual rising move. It takes incredible precision and control just to get it right.

The DVD of Ray Cosby's Impossible magic, also has some good stuff along with it, but I wouldnt use much of it in my routine, due to the sheer difficulty of the content.

Some things I found useful in the DVD includes.
-Smudge: A colour change using the box
-Venus fly trap: A incredible and visual sandwhich effect
-Raise rise: Great concept...just difficult
-Recased: The box re-appears on the card case
(All require no gimmicks, no dups, just slight of hand)

DO NOT get this if you are starting out in magic!
On a scale of difficulty, with...umm Ellusionists Ninja being 3/10, this would be an 11/10

Sep 5, 2007
raise rise is very hard. i gave up on thinking i can do this months ago. elevator is an exellent sleight. the downside is that it makes a sound sometimes.

Oct 17, 2007
From where I got raise rise (Impossible Card magic by Ray Kosby) consists of basically one move. If you can do that move, it's not TOO hard. But like most people say, raise rise is the most difficult card trick to learn. I too, gave up on learning it, but I'll try again later! ;)

I do not have elevator so I cannot compare.

Dec 5, 2007
How are the angels on elevator? and how hard is it go get over the sound problem?

I found a dvd that teaches the elevator move and its called the zenneth code, is it any good?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results