Has anyone bought the "Showoff with cards" DVD?

I bought it on ebay for just over $10 w/ shipping... I will be honest and say that I don't recall it being anything special .. I watch a DVD the first time and if it doesn't grab me it goes to the back of the rotaion. This one didn't grab me ...I am going to throw it in real quick to refresh my memory , that way I can give it a fair shake and give you an honest opinion..... I'll BRB ...:D

OK went back and skimmed lightly ...here is my opinion ... It is not my style. I am not a huge fan of the teaching style with no verbal instruction. I like a more hands on approach. But if that fits what you like then go for it .
if you got the set cheap I would say it may be worth it... The moves taught are valuable if you don't know them allready , but chances are there are better DVD's that teach the same moves... Let me know if I can help any further...

Dec 7, 2007
ok its kinda like watching a flourish on youtube then doing it thats about it it says are you ready for this? then they say level 1 and you learn all those moves just by seeing them doing it there really is no teaching whatsoever

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with ElyarMagic and Manipulation4Food. It's a good place for the beginner: many foundational moves that will increase your finger flexibility and dexterity for flourishes. There are some real anal flourishers out there that will put a big negative on the DVD because a few moves are taught wrong (though they didn't mention which cuts were wrong nor resources to find the "right" way), and since I had nothing to compare with, I learned the moves anyway.

You get what you're paying for: Bulk moves, a few color changes, a half-deck vanish, though it's not as flashy or complex as stuff in DnD's System or Trilogy. I really don't use any of the moves on there currently. The teaching is visual with verbal cues, with one or two repeats at the end of each flourish.

guy

Sep 1, 2007
tampa fl
www.myspace.com
i have it and its complete and total crap. 90% of the moves arent even taught right, let alone perfomed right. watching this guy teach and perform the flip back vanish is like watching the Ringer starring johnny knoxville....funny, but sad at the same time. id like to bash the dvd more but i dont want to insult anyone or piss someone off. maybe i should just make a thread dedicated to just that....trash talking showoff with cards.....

if you learn the syble and the revolution cut off dan and daves trilogy, then madisons lethal would be a peice of cake to do(which i prefer over showoff cause of the simplicity. its how i started).

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
they do teach the moves
some wrongly
they dont credit any of the cretors
the dvd layout has some glitches

over all i give it a 5/10
it taught me how to do sybil, which i figured out on my own how to do an easier method for
so, its up to you
get xtreme begginers if youre interested in flourshing, more money in this case equals a HUGE bang for the buck

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results