Tannens Magic Camp

Feb 25, 2008
Has anyone here ever gone to this? I have posted this in 4 forums and have not gotten the advice i need. Maybe t11 can help me out. Please send a PM or leave a message here if you have gone.

Feb 25, 2008
yes the camp is great i went last year yet if you are just starting magic i would not recomend because u may feel very un asure of wat effects people are talking about
Sweet, thanks for the reply. I have been losing sleep trying to get one over the past week. One question: what were the ages of the kids there? Im 18 and i dont want to spend my week with a bunch of 13 year olds. No offense to anyone.

Feb 25, 2008
i have heard of it I was at Tannens last week and they had a flyer and i dont know what where when why or how it is
Its in suburban philly. Its in July. I hear great reviews, i just want to check on the ages of the people before signing the check.

I went last year and they called me "The Prodigy". Bragging aside, the ages vary. I saw a kid that was around 14 that was performing Culligula Triumph and Raise Rise. I also saw some 12 year olds that didn't know what mechanics grip is. It matters on skill level more than age. There were a fairly good portion of kids that were around 20.

Feb 25, 2008
I went last year and they called me "The Prodigy". Bragging aside, the ages vary. I saw a kid that was around 14 that was performing Culligula Triumph and Raise Rise. I also saw some 12 year olds that didn't know what mechanics grip is. It matters on skill level more than age. There were a fairly good portion of kids that were around 20.
Exactly what i wanted to hear. THANKS

Nov 4, 2007
easily the best week of my life. I'm 17, and this will be my third year. We have great performances at night, monday night magic comes down to us, etc. as well as great lectures. Marc Desouza came this year and them immediately went off to shoot his new dvds.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
HOw about checking out Sorcerer's Safari? IT's the last week of August, and I hear it's fantastic!!!! (I'm going to be a counsellor there this summer).

Nov 4, 2007
as for pros (at tannen's), we have David Oliver, who you may not have heard of, but is excellent, and we have Kostya Kimlat. We have lots of "pros", but you probably haven't heard of most of them. The website for tannens is tannensmagiccamp.com

Last edited by a moderator:
as for pros (at tannen's), we have David Oliver, who you may not have heard of, but is excellent, and we have Kostya Kimlat. We have lots of "pros", but you probably haven't heard of most of them. The website for tannens is tannensmagiccamp.com

Kostya Kimlat is in attendance this year!? I've been dying to meet that guy...If you haven't already registered for Tannen's, I'd do so now...Kostya is incredibly nice and helpful...and his cull is freakin' amazing (Roadrunner Cull- Kostya Kimlat).

Both Tannen's and sorcerer's are great and have a diversity of ages of kids. I can only speak from personal experience about Sorcerer's and can tell you it was the most productive week of my life in magic. However the above mentioned David Oliver and others in my SYM assembly have also constantly told me that Tannen's is even better (I'll be attending both this year). The plus side to Tannen's is that it is in a nice, warm, cozy, clean, (did I mention warm?) facility, where-as Sorcerer's is like going camping for a week (you live in one of 12 cabins). Mind you, I absolutely loved the change of "venue" if you will, however it was tough to get used to the first day...that and having my entire schedule messed up because the flight would leave at 3 am...but that'll probably happen with Tannen's too.

Also, as far as performers and pros go...Sorcerer's have a whole bunch of people that are "celebs" in the magic industry go such as our own Wayne Houchin, Lee Asher, and Aaron Fisher. Nate Kranzo was supposed to go, however his wife had a baby (Kenzington) so coming up to Canada for a week was out of the question..Greg Frewin showed up, Chad Juros was a camper, some amazing jugglers showed up...as well as a not so amazing "illusionist". As far as Tannen's goes, it has mostly less famous, however just as good performers and teachers come in, and on special occasions someone VERY famous will show up. If memory serves me right, I believe both "Chris Angel" and David "Copperfield" have been able to make an appearance.

A lot more than that came, but that's all that's coming to mind right now.

Hope that helped at least a tid bit.

Magically,
~Dave

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results