Distortion Questions That Need Answers

Feb 23, 2008
DisTortion

I Just have a few questions about 'DisTortion' any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

1.) Whats the quality of the gimmick?

2.) Is the gimmink itself examinable? (from the audience)

3.) From experience what are the reactions like?

4.) How easy is it to perform?

Thanks.

Other questions i have are about the delivery from Theory11. Again any help would be appreciated.

1.) What are the shipping costs to England?

2.) How quick is the shipping to England?

Thankyou in Advance to anyone that helps :D

Sep 9, 2007
www.myspace.com
1. Well from my experience the gimmick is of awesome quality and even if yours does brake(mine hasn't:D) you can get a new gimmick thanks to T11's awesome Customer Support.
2. No I am afraid the gimmick cant be examined by the audience but Wayne teaches a simple switch that'll make them think they have the exact same card you just did the change with.
3.Reactions are priceless. I've had spectaters scream and spectaters take the card(after I switched it) and shake it to see if the pips would move and it was awesome. Don't perform this as your first trick though build it up and use it as an ender or something.
4. Mucho Easy :D

Feb 23, 2008
1. Well from my experience the gimmick is of awesome quality and even if yours does brake(mine hasn't:D) you can get a new gimmick thanks to T11's awesome Customer Support.
2. No I am afraid the gimmick cant be examined by the audience but Wayne teaches a simple switch that'll make them think they have the exact same card you just did the change with.
3.Reactions are priceless. I've had spectaters scream and spectaters take the card(after I switched it) and shake it to see if the pips would move and it was awesome. Don't perform this as your first trick though build it up and use it as an ender or something.
4. Mucho Easy :D

Thankyou very much.

I really need to think up a routine cause at the minute i just do the odd trick.

once again thanks.

Sep 2, 2007
I'll try my best to answer all of your questions:

1. The Distortion gimmick is delicate, and thus needs to be handled properly -- which Wayne Houchin covers on the DVD, providing tips on how to handle and how to decrease the possibility of damaging the gimmick. Moreover, Replacement gimmicks are available, but I have had the same Distortion gimmick for about three months, and it still is in excellent, working condition.
  2. While the gimmick itself is not examinable -- at least, it's not recommended --- the spectator will be able to examine both cards, the Four and Six of Diamonds, before and after the transposition, which is also covered in the DVD.
  3. The reactions are off the hizzle. Usually, the performance of Distortion is followed by "******** ***** ******! ********** ******," none of which are actual words. ;)
  4. Distortion is not difficult, at all. The DVD covers everything you need to know, and more, and there is nothing too complicated or the such. Definitely check out some reviews for additional information.
Regarding theory11 shipping, feel free to check out the shipping information page and the Shipping Estimate Tool for estimated shipping prices and times.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 8, 2007
First, I need to say Distortion is my favortite trick. I came up with my own routine (which I will upload as a live performance video soon) for it, and this is the absolute finale! :D

Awnsers:

The quality is quite good, but you really need to be careful with the gimmick, because it is handmade, and thus very vurnarable. My first gimmick almost broke (got a giant groove in the back!) so I bought an extra gimmick for $9,95 at the T11 customor support center.
But if you handle it with care, it is one little diamond :)

No. But Wayne will teach you a great way to change the gimmick with the 'real' cards. Once the audience inspects those cards, you can easely palm the gimmick and place it into your (wide!) pocket. After that, people can even inspect the entire deck without discovering the gimmick.

Very good. Just as said before, people want to do the change itself afterwards. But they can't of course! Not the best reactions ever got with a trick, but still great reactions.

Practise. That way even a beginner can do the trick.
I'm in card magic for one-and-a-half years now, and I learned it quite fast. Wayne will teach you all the moves, but make sure you feel comfortable with these moves. And to do that, you need to practise.
To make a long story short: Slight of hand is required, no very hard moves. Dificulty: 2/5

Check the Shipping Estimate Tool at the link posted above.

Don't know for sure, but sending to Germany (two times) was exactly 3 weeks (each). So I think sending to England will be approximately the same.

For more Distortion questions, feel free to ask me!

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
DisTortion

I Just have a few questions about 'DisTortion' any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Thanks.

Other questions i have are about the delivery from Theory11. Again any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou in Advance to anyone that helps :D

1) The gimmick is very well made. Each gimmick is hand made, so you can bet your bottom dollar that a lot of time went into each one. I can just see Dana and Wayne sitting on the floor with thousands of cards, making the gimmicks on a Saturday afternoon...

2)The gimmick is not examinable, but Wayne teaches a way to clean up so that everything is.

3)The reactions are phenomenal. It just blows people's minds.

4)The main move is fairly easy, but there are smaller things that may take some time to get right. You should have no trouble working the gimmick, and you can probably master the rest of the routine in a day or two.

If you have any more questions that you feel wouldn't be right asking on the forums, feel free to PM me.

David

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
"is the gimmick examinable"
i dont mean to be rude and well actually very rude. but that is the stupidest question i have ever heard on a forum.
Not to insult your intelligence or anything but what "gimmicks" are examinable.

Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
www.myspace.com
Hey i own distortion and its a great trick here are my answers

1:The quality of the gimmick is really good i`m suprised it has the capabilaty of lasting so long

2:The audience can not examine the gimmick but wayne teachs a way to get rid of the gimmick when the trick is done

3:I have performed distortion so many times and the reactions are great it nevers seems to underestimate me.

4:To perform is really easy Wayne does a great job at teaching the trick and u can do it after a couple of minuts of practice.

the shipping question i have no idea about it because i live the U.S but shipping seems to be good here so i think it might just take an extra week to get to england I think:)

Feb 23, 2008
Thankyou very much everybody it has really help.

and as for that rude comment earlier the i already know that a gimmick isnt examinable i just wanted clarity from owners and as for the question alot of gaff cards are examinable and they are classed as gimmicks.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Thankyou very much everybody it has really help.

and as for that rude comment earlier the i already know that a gimmick isnt examinable i just wanted clarity from owners and as for the question alot of gaff cards are examinable and they are classed as gimmicks.

Oh i see what you mean like the E gaff deck (after the change has been done). Sorry my bad.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results