.MagicalJourney.pastpresentfuture.

What Kind of Magic Do You Perform

• Close up Magic (cards, coins, ropes

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Stage Magic (like Copperfield)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mentalism (reading minds like Max Maven)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
Sep 3, 2007
Well I do close up card effects and mentalism. If anyone has seen Derren Brown I try to do things like he does. Stuff that focuses on the "controlling" of the mind, i guess you could say. Its very enjoyable to see how many people can be influenced by things.

But I choose close up because there both close up and I still do more card tricks because they always work, not like the other stuff that works on most people.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Mr. Shade,

Great story. As for your closing remarks, you'll get that goal if you want it. If you want it bad enough, you'll get it. So keep doing what you're doing. Read all the books you can find, and meditate on all the information you receive to see how it applies to you.

But most importantly, make sure that you are the end-all decision maker. Just because it's in a book doesn't make it law. It's okay to disagree. : )

As for your poll, I do all three and then some. I currently perform close-up and parlour and mentalism, and I've got a stage show in the works to be done before the end of the year.

My magic story is pretty dull, so unless somebody is like dying to hear it, I'll just leave it at that. : )

|| sean ||

Sep 2, 2007
Tempest, I sure want it but what are the odds. There are tens of thousands of magicians in the world and only a handful if even that are known to the public. What can I do other than try because everyday of life is a new chapter.

P.S. Please send in your stories on how your magic journeys have been so far. I'd love to hear them.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Tempest, I sure want it but what are the odds. There are tens of thousands of magicians in the world and only a handful if even that are known to the public. What can I do other than try because everyday of life is a new chapter.

P.S. Please send in your stories on how your magic journeys have been so far. I'd love to hear them.

Trying is all you need. I know it seems like an absurd notion to just decide to be famous and successful one day, but the only reason it is absurd, is because you're doubting yourself.

Allow me to use a Biblical metaphor. In the Bible, records say Jesus walked on water. But he wasn't the only person to do so. Peter also walked on water. A guy in a boat, who was average, just got out of the boat and walked on water towards his rabbi. He took a few steps, and then looked down and started sinking. Why? Because he doubted himself.

I'll use myself as an example as well. I've only been in magic for three years, and in my mind, I've come a long way to reaching goals that I had set. I can tell you, without doubt, 100% in my heart, that I am one of the most passionate and driven people you're ever going to meet, and I WILL get there. I will make it.

I want it more than anything else. I'm willing to sacrifice a lot for it. I'm prepared for the storms.

If you get in the mindset where you know what you want, and you realize how bad you want it, you can then decide whether to pursue or fall back.

1) What do YOU want?
2) How bad do you want it?
3) Are you going to get it or not?

If you want a million dollars, go get it. It exists. It's there in the world, right now, floating around, waiting for someone to grab it. Don't doubt the fact that you can do ANYTHING. Because you can. I can, you can, we're superheroes.

|| sean ||

Sep 1, 2007
Palmerton, Pa
I really can't take the poll either. There should have been an "All of the above" choice. :)

I do a lot of Osterlind's material, as well as other mental effects. I love close-up work, and although I have never done pro stage work, I did put on a few stage shows when I was 10 years old for family and friends.

I also have done a few parlour performances, also for family and friends.

I don't believe in just limiting yourselves to just one aspect of the art.

Take care,
Phil

Sep 2, 2007
I know what I want and I believe can do it, it is just a matter of how? Their is a cloud of fog in my mind, I doubt myself and my abilities. But when I look back the 3/4 of a year that I've been doing magic I've grown so much as a performer and a human being. I have so much more confidence now than I did before but when I look at great performers who have been performing for years I get kind of discouraged because they present their magic flawlessly. I know I shouldn't complain so much I haven't been doing magic for so long but I can't wait till I can perform that well and be able to rival the best and I'm slowly getting there day by day.

P.S. Merlin, I know what you mean but I cannot change the polls. I try not to limit myself to one aspect of the art of magic either but the truth is that it is impossible for any magician to be a real master in every part of the art, there is not enough time to learn everything so I stick to mainly cards and other closeup magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results