Promo for new trick

Mar 2, 2008
Hey guys these are promos for our two new tricks we created. Feel free to reply and tell us what you think.

Straight from the mind of Brendon Michaels comes The Devils Reject, a packet trick with an unbelievable ending. The magician starts off showing the four aces, and then puts them aside for later use. The magician then shows the spectator a card box and inside is a joker. The spectator then picks a card and has an absolute free choice. After the spectator picks and signs a card the magician spreads the four aces. With just a twirl and no sleight of hand the ace of clubs turn faces down. Now for the real kicker, the spectator turns over the face down ace to realize that it has morphed itself into their signed selection. The magician then points to the card box and what used to be the joker is now the ace of clubs. This is one of the most lethal Transposes in all of magic. Devils reject is easy, fair and very creative. It’s new, its fresh will you become the Devils Reject. Brandon will break down each step and show you everything you need to perform this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQC66CkMZYo

It’s been said that magic isn’t real; you obviously haven’t seen Mind assassins. From the mind of David Sameuls comes a mental trick that will blow you away. Imagine after doing a couple of card tricks or coin effects the magician says he is tired of card tricks and takes out his cell phone. The magician then asks the spectator if they know what speed dial is. The magician says speed dial is a fast way of calling someone. For instance instead of dialing seven numbers, that person would only need to hit one. The magician scrolls down his contacts to show each name to be completely different, to show that there not all one name. He then shows an example of speed dial .The magician types in the number four to show that the name amber comes up. Keep in mind it does not have to be the number four or the name amber. It can be anything you want. After showing a couple examples of speed dial, the magician takes out a sealed prediction and hands it to the spectator along with the cell phone. The magician instructs the spectator to think of any number between one and twenty. It does not have to be one to twenty it could be one to fifty. Here is the best part, the spectator can think of any number. Let’s say they say the number seventeen. The magician tells the spectator to open up the cell phone and type in the number seventeen and see what name comes up. Let’s say the name Jim comes up, he tells the spectator to open the prediction that he has been holding the whole time to find out that it’s an exact match, and the magician has done a mind Miracle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfW60v1L3FY

David Samuels
www.freewebs.com/genesismagic

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hi David,

It looks like you've got some good ideas here for some nice teaser trailers. But the editing could use just a bit of work. If you're interested, send me a PM and we can talk about this a bit. I'm always looking for a project with editing and such, and can offer skills with Adobe Photoshop and Sony Vegas. Let me know if you're interested, I would love to help you out.

Jan 4, 2008
what are they

The videos don't really give the right information about the products. I mean, the word transpo gets people thinking about a normal two card transpo and cell phone trick doesn't really help. I will be checking them out but just wanted to give me opinion.

Mar 2, 2008

I understand but these are just promos, if you go to the website it will show a long description of the tricks.

Yeah, like Cory said, It sounds like you have some good ideas, but still try to show a little more of exactly what the trick is about.

Yep,

The ideas of the effects themselves sound great.

But those Promo's, are terrible.

Bad Camera Work, Bad Editing, and they just didnt make any sense.

Looking at that, I wouldnt even consider purchasing the effects. A little bit of work though and they could be great :)

I watched the videos before reading the description, and honestly I had no idea what I was watching. You'll realize that a lot of people wont read anything but just watch the demo. Your demo's give no hints about what the products are.

Fix the demos, because the trick ideas aren't half bad.

Mitch

Mar 2, 2008
sorry

Guys i am sorry for the promos it was really cold out and i noticed what you mean. We are going to film as soon as possible and change it. I will post the new promo when were done and this one will make sence.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Guys i am sorry for the promos it was really cold out and i noticed what you mean. We are going to film as soon as possible and change it. I will post the new promo when were done and this one will make sence.

I'm sorry, but I don't get how that pertains to how good the video was? Unless you flourish while you edit, and how well you flourish affects how well you edit. Then I get your drift.
;)

David

Sep 1, 2007
Give me a break. Not to sound overly harsh, but there's so much wrong with this that its difficult to know where to start! What the heck, I'll give it a go:

Your promotional material contains spelling errors
Your promotional video is awful
You flashed the one "move" in the whole video - getting your genesis card to the bottom of the deck. Why on Earth should anyone feel the need to learn from someone who can't even get it right on their own promo?

Not to mention that the ideas are derivative and certainly not as revolutionary as your attempts at hype make them sound. I'm half tempted to release the same effects myself first - free of charge.

OK, so that was harsh. But honestly, this is what you should expect. Why don't you post the same thread over in "latest and greatest" over at the magic cafe and see what happens?

Cheers,
David.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results