13 card revelation (the whole deck actually:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
www.abuvesz.hu
Hello!
OK I post this to card magic, because I think it belongs here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snlGEBH7ZGI

There is no fancy editing, we made the video in a magicshop, wich actually is the only one in Hungary.
This is a 13 card revelation, and then comes the deck too. Some may know this plot as tamed spades.
There is an original 3 packet cut and a 4 card production (the production is better)

Please tell me your opinion about it. Positive and negative also!

Thanks!
www.abuvesz.hu

Sep 1, 2007
Beirut Lebanon
Close the windows between your fingers more.
The rest was nice, and some very nice productions, especially the double pop-up move and the production where you clapped your hand.

Sep 1, 2007
Just to let you know, I originally named my 13 card revelation routine as Tamed Spades. The original routine was uploaded to youtube about a year ago and it's still on my channel.

Your routine was very similar to the one I did on TV. Some parts were actually excactly the same, even the ending display with the fans. May I ask you where you learned this routine / where did you get your inspiration from?

Dec 14, 2007
Anyone care to give credit to the originator of this effect???? Anyone???

Anyone bother to try and find out?

When you do, you might see what very important step is missing from this, and other, handlings of this effect.

Fantastic job! Grade A magic.

There's also a similar revelation to yours on Gregory Wilson's Carad Stunts, except yours is way cooler because you have the suprise ending with the whole deck being in order.

Dec 14, 2007
The "surprise ending" is actually part of the original routine. Sadly, no one ever asked it's creator if it was ok to take his idea -his routine - for their own.

They did, and now we praise them for it.

No one read the amazing introduction to Swain's "version" that explains why this is so wrong?li

The routine is Ricky's. And it's clear that it is because there is something about his that the others lack - other than Lennert's - which shows real understanding.

Lennert gets it, and solved the problem most cleverly. But he also changed the premise of the trick, the drama, and even in some degrees the effect when you look at it in context. (He probably also cleared it with Ricky).

Here's the deal - if what you do is because you want to replicate - get closer -to something someone else is doing, it's theft. If what you do is because it helps you move away from, be seen as different, from someone else- it's inspiration.

I see too many people trying to replicate- not enough people trying to truly use an idea for inspiration. (Changing the moves is NOT inspiration - it's a step sideways.) No one would look at Ricky and Lennert (in context) and see the similarities. Can that be said of all the other "versions?"

Just something to think about,

Brad Henderson

Dec 14, 2007
Yes, but the routine is not Earle's to encourage you to replicate- and several people have commented on that the moment they saw it demo'ed by him in an attempt to sell his DVD.

Bad choice on his part.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
**** YOU!!!
(sorry for the language)

HOLY CRAP, that was serisouly amazing. not in what it was exactly, but almost perfectly executed, yes, the palm and etc. but that was beautiful

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
That was very nice. I also like "Revelations in Spades" from Gregory Wilson's Pyrotechnic Pasteboards. Same concept, but doesn't have the whole deck reveal. Check out the demo video for Pyrotechnic Pasteboards, it's on there. I'll try to get a video up sometime, but I'm not sure if I will or not.

Feb 28, 2008
that was really awesome... I suppose every performance can be better than the last, but I really really enjoyed watching this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results