Weirdest Magic Moments

Feb 25, 2008
In a house.
Hello everybody at T11

I was wondering, what was the wierdest moment for you during your magic career? Mine personally would have to been when I was table hopping at an Outback Steakhouse. I approached a table (a simple family, a wife, husband, and a kid) , and asked them if they wanted to see some magic. He seemed pretty religious, because when I left all of them said "God bless" and also said that magic was against they're religion. I can understand that part. Then, the man at the table said, "My son is allergic to magic." That was pretty wierd. He wasn't kidding even. So, just share some of your wierd moments here.

P.S. Anyone know what the guy meant when he said his kid was "allergic to magic?" Is this a belief in some religion?
Thanks

AllanLuu and i were performing one day and this guy was really pleased with the magic so after we were done he thanked us and left.The guy came back about maybe a half hour later and handed us a newspaper, he didnt say anything he just handed us a newspaper and walked away. I found that really weird and quite funny.

Oct 24, 2007
Weirdest performance moments, eh? Let me reach into my bag and see what I pull out. Ah yes, this one is good.

I approached this old lady at church and asked her if she would like to see some magic. She told me how she had heard that I do magic and really wanted to see some. So I performed Concentration (my own creation) for the old lady. I took a ring off my finger and made it disappear at my fingertips, visually. She then did something that completely threw me off guard! She grabbed me and started patting me down and my arms down searching for the ring! She didn't even say anything, just started patting me down out of no where. It was strange to be standing in a church, having a very old lady feel me up. (lol)

As far as the "against our religion" thing. Being a Christian, as you well know from my church story, and yes I know going to church doesn't really make you a Christian, but it implies it. Anyway, since my dad runs a Christian ministry and has lots of friends, I sometimes run into people that believe magic is evil. Why do they believe it is evil? There are really two reasons. Some think magicians are out to prove the miracles that Jesus actually did, as mere tricks. They are horrified at people, such as Criss Angel, doing "walking on water" tricks and so forth. I even met a guy who wouldn't watch magic because Criss Angel is a magician and he was sure that Criss Angel made a deal with the devil. My father doesn't believe this and actually uses me to prove his friends wrong. His friends know I'm not demon possessed and that I'm a Christian, so I perform something like "Sinful" and show them there isn't anything wrong with magic. So, that was a little background. Peace!

Tyler

Oct 8, 2007
Not really wierd but here goes..

My cousin wanted me to perform in the Baptism of his nephew (or niece). I agreed so we went there together after that. The people and the venue weren't quite as I expected. The people present were the biker/bouncer type of guys, and they were celebrating a Baptismal party. It was kinda cool/wierd to see that. :p Those guys were hospitable too, this girl offered me food and the guys actually asked what I wanted. This guy asked if I wanted some booze, then after that he asked if I wanted some girls. They were joking around too. Of course, I declined on all their offers, although the latter ones were tempting, no?

:cool:

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Okay, my classmate said, "What the F*ck?" to the thumb trick. The THUMB trick. I mean who reacts to the thumbtrick? Like in an amazed way.

Sep 2, 2007
Maybe you guys get reactions like this all the time, but I was doing a generic ungimmicked card trick a while ago, i think it was 2 card monte or something. this guy was so scared he thought i was a witch or something. he's like yo, stay away from me man! and he wasn't kidding, he was literally running away backwards. I go hey chill out its a card trick! He's like NO! turns around and leaves very quickly

I can imagine stuff like this might happen with more freaky or bizarre magic, like swallowing a live fish and regurgitating a rabbit or something, but come on, normal card tricks?

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Maybe you guys get reactions like this all the time, but I was doing a generic ungimmicked card trick a while ago, i think it was 2 card monte or something. this guy was so scared he thought i was a witch or something. he's like yo, stay away from me man! and he wasn't kidding, he was literally running away backwards. I go hey chill out its a card trick! He's like NO! turns around and leaves very quickly

I can imagine stuff like this might happen with more freaky or bizarre magic, like swallowing a live fish and regurgitating a rabbit or something, but come on, normal card tricks?

You'll be surprised.

Today at school, I was asked to perform for my class. It was the biggest audience I've ever had and I felt sick and whatever, but it was good. ANYWAY! I did an ACR and the girl chucked it on the floor and recoiled in terror. I was like "It wont bite" and she said "How can you be sure?"

:p

well...

performing for a group of people...not realizing that the ex was one of them.

:(

-Brad

Ah that sucks, same thing has happened to me though, I asked someone to pull a card and she just stood there looking at me like I was a freak. haha
But anyways, my weirdest story... OO I have a great one!

So, I was at summer camp. It happens to be a Christian based camp (You can tell already this won't turn out good. haha) I did some card tricks, and one kid asked me If I could "float" So I did the balducci (sp?) levitation for him. He then ran away, and said I was an "angel".
Later that day the lady that owns the camp called me to her office...
She made me do it in front of like six people, and they thought I was worshiping satan... yeah.
Now what's even funnier, is I did it twice (they made me) and they couldn't figure it out! When they told me to tell them how I did it, I just assured them there was no satan-worshiping involved. Luckily they let me go.
Very fun experience. haha

Calvin Lauber

Okay, my classmate said, "What the F*ck?" to the thumb trick. The THUMB trick. I mean who reacts to the thumbtrick? Like in an amazed way.

The thumbtip can be a very powerful effect if you know how to use it properly, it has SO many uses.

Just re-read it, your not talking about the thumbtip are you, you are talking about the THUMB TRICK! (I get what you mean now haha)

I have had alot of wierd things happen to me but one time I had a girl think I was Tom Sizemore from Saving private ryan. She was like" OH my god I didn't know you did magic and movies thats so cool", she went to tell her friends and I just went along with it for a while and I finally broke down and told them the truth. It cracked me up though.

Shane

Feb 25, 2008
In a house.
Ah that sucks, same thing has happened to me though, I asked someone to pull a card and she just stood there looking at me like I was a freak. haha
But anyways, my weirdest story... OO I have a great one!

So, I was at summer camp. It happens to be a Christian based camp (You can tell already this won't turn out good. haha) I did some card tricks, and one kid asked me If I could "float" So I did the balducci (sp?) levitation for him. He then ran away, and said I was an "angel".
Later that day the lady that owns the camp called me to her office...
She made me do it in front of like six people, and they thought I was worshiping satan... yeah.
Now what's even funnier, is I did it twice (they made me) and they couldn't figure it out! When they told me to tell them how I did it, I just assured them there was no satan-worshiping involved. Luckily they let me go.
Very fun experience. haha

Calvin Lauber

Dude, how did you pull a ballducci twice? Especially with six people? Dang, wonder what would happen if you did stigmata for them... lol

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Dude, how did you pull a ballducci twice? Especially with six people? Dang, wonder what would happen if you did stigmata for them... lol

Haha I know man!
I was upset to do it once.. and they didnt figure it out.. so I had to do it again.
And I didn't mention, the lady got down on the ground to look under my feet the second time.
I have NO clue to this day, how she didn't see what I was doing, but it was cool. haha

Calvin Lauber

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results