Cardtoon Was Just Stolen!

L

Liam Carrie

Did dan harlan allow this? His effect has been copied by the repetatively annoying Magic Makers inc. The "Cartoon Deck" as they call it, is basically the same thing for sale except instead of a little stick man doing the same trick, it's
a faceless magician with a very flat head when his hat is removed.
I wonder if dan knows anything of this.....

L

Liam Carrie

Magic Makers is known for their knock offs of other magic effects... This has been happening for a LONG time.

Mitch

Yes, i personally think it's infuriating, that could be any one of us, if we invent an effect they could just as easily steal it. I also just heard they made a rip off of another dan harlan effect which is featured on his A1 Band Shark Video VHS. It is the linking borrowed ring to elastic.
They could of even taken that effect you put out a few years ago if you didnt take it off the market.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, seeing as Harlan's currently incarcerated, I'm not quite sure that anybody knows how he feels about that particular thing.

L

Liam Carrie

Well, seeing as Harlan's currently incarcerated, I'm not quite sure that anybody knows how he feels about that particular thing.

why is he in jail? i never heard that he got in trouble.
What is his sentance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 14, 2007
Magic Makers ripped this off some time ago. We discussed it on the review panel at Magic Live!.

They are known for doing this. What's worse, the handling they teach is - well, the only word that comes to mind - stupid.

I mean, apart from the rip off element, they made it into an awful trick on top of everything.

If you enjoy it when creative people share their magic, then do the right things and support THEM - not the people who steal from them.

Brad Henderson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results