Some Centurion QA issues

Dec 7, 2007
Just received 2 decks of Centurions this morning. A couple of issues.

Opened the first pack.

1) Backs look crooked slightly but enough for it to be noticeable.

2) double backed card has 2 levels of contrast, one side match the rest of the deck but the other side probably double as black

3) cards are warping, right of the bat and without use.

Just opened the second pack:

1) backs look better, not crooked

2) double backed card has an even different level of contrast from the first one. Slightly lighter than the darker side of the first pack bust still darker than the reverse side

3) cards started warping within in minutes from being removed from their package and just sitting on the table. Again no use, or shuffling. Warping is severe. Ace, 2 and 3 on the top of the deck really bad. Backs bulging outwards. Looking at the bottom, the jokers backs are the reverse.

Overall I think the printing on the backs look way to light, Much lighter than the guardians look and definitely no where near the level of black that the box is. It adds a level of cheapness to it all. Shadow Masters look just as black as the box. I do like the look of the images though, very good artistry.

Some obvious QA issues and will probably have to have the decks re-worked. They have a nice feel, and see some potential. Just opened a trouble ticket

Sep 1, 2007
How much humidity is there in your area? That might be the cause for the warping because I'm having trouble believing that they whole deck started warping once you took it out of the box...:(

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
My Centurions never warped, and the backs matched. I agree that the backs could have been a darker shade of black, closer to the box, but the Guardians are actually exactly the same color.

Really riffle shuffle and faro those cards good for a good hour or two, and I guarantee that they will work themselves out.

David

Oct 28, 2007
mine has yet to warp and i have been playing with them ever since.....well yesterday :D
and i love the backs they are just right the shadow masters are cool and all but they are so black they turn my fingertips and palms black.
just take better care of your cards

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
That's strange, my Centurions don't warp. I think it has to do with the humidity level and weather condition. I'm sure they'll be fine if you play around with them long enough.

Take care,

Dec 11, 2007
I Think ill hold on buying cards from theory11 for a while...

I got 3 guardians not to long back, all 3 of them... totally warped. I know it has nothing to do with the climate because I ordered some E decks the same day, and they came fine... I have to say, guardians own Es, but I really hate to shuffle, farrow, and destroy a new deck.

Dec 7, 2007
Warping is very severe. I have never seen this kind of warping in any of my decks. Just to be sure, I pulled out other decks this morning and nothing else warped. I even opened a brand new deck of shadow masters, and a 2 packs of wynns. Brown and Blue.

This morning humidity level was close 50%, 20% chance of precip.

Still this is not addressing my other complaints, the printing is flat out bad, crooked cards, and contrast levels are off.

BTW: this is good feedback, thought I would share with everyone since its a new product. Still have high hopes though.

Dec 13, 2007
amen

mine warped so quickly and so severely i couldn't bend them back because all the cards warped in all different directions and putting the deck under all my SHAT books didn't help at all, and my double backer has two levels of contrast, and i don't think the backs are dark enough

i'd give this deck a 6.5/10

but the design does look pretty nice

Dec 11, 2007
My guardians warped inside the pack... (2nd Ed)

Im not buying any of these until second edition, and confirmation no warpageness happens with them.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
I beleive the Centurions because of just being released, still have some "bugs" to work out concave in the box, it is NOT because of humidity, I ordered 6 decks of Centurions and 6 deck of Guards... I have opened 1 of each and the Gaurds are fine and the Centurions are very littley concaved.. I have not opened my other decks to check and do not inted on doing so until the time for using a new deck comes. All-in-all, QUITE COMPLAINING! T11 works hard to bring us this stuff.. yes the double-backer of the Centuions is different shading but hey that hsnt stopped me from thinking of some completely awesome tricks with the different shading.... Instead of everyone complaining just work with the cards, THEY WILL sort out, and be grateful you have them so people can't even afford to get cards...

-SM

Sep 9, 2007
my guess is they ran a double hit of black on the backs (because the press had more than one unit), but not on the front, since the units were used on other colours.

see, unless they have something that can print on both sides or flip the sheet, the page goes through twice to print both sides.

i used to work on presses, so i dunno if this explanation is too vague to understand. I'll let you know my opinion when i get mine.

Now, I am yet to recieve my Centurions so its a little hard for me to comment on the subject, but:

I love the fact that people are saying to 'Stop Complaining.' If the cards are crap, they have every right to complain.

You would have assumed by the muck-up which occured with the Guardians Edition 1 that Theory11 would have taken a bit more time to test these cards.

'Quality over Quantity' as T11 suggest.

Here is an idea.
Daniel Madison & Dan and Dave Buck are three of the best flourishers in the business. We have a heap of members such as Jordan, TheCuso etc who are also great flourishers.

How about a couple of guys to test new decks? Hey, it may take a little longer and you may not make as much money as people wont have to buy both 1st and 2nd Editions of your cards, but the positives from it greatly exceed it.

If you produce a fantastic deck which not only has the look you guys are getting (which btw does look great) but also a great working deck, where people will use these cards constantly. And continue buying them.

I feel sorry for all the younger members who would be spending all these products only to find they dont meet their expectations.

One of the great things about the 'Money Back Guarantee.

Dont be afraid to use it guys :).

Btw, this isnt intended to be an attack in any way/shape or form at T11. Personally I think there are some fantastic products on the site, I just wish a little longer was taken in testing these decks.

x

Sep 1, 2007
thanks for the review to the OP.

I've had reservations about ordering these right off the bat since the 1st edition guardians kind of sucked, but my curiosity got the better of me. should have some soon.

oh yeah I don't get why people think a warped deck is the end of the world, can't you just spring and faro shuffle it the opposite direction??

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results