Impromptu card tricks

Jan 13, 2008
New York, USA
Does anyone recommend any books or dvd's for impromptu card magic.

Thanks
Well, how do you define impromptu? Most card books and dvd's contain lots and lots of effects that don't require gaffs. Some will require a setup of a few cards. But, setups like these can easily be done in an impromptu situation. If you want to learn card magic, get the classics (Royal Road, Expert Card Technique, Erdnase, Card College, etc.)

I dont know why everyone always recommends books. Pick up a dvd if you want to learn. Sure books may be good for some people, but personally Ive learned more from 10 minutes of a dvd than I have from expert card technique which Ive had for years. The books are nice I suppose to have something to refer to later after learning the sleights, or to straighten bent cards, but I couldnt honestly say that Ive really learned anything from a book that I didnt pick up first on a dvd. I guess Im more of a visual learner, and of course a picture is worth a thousand words, so video must be worth a million words.
The list of good dvds is a mile long. The good ones not only teach you the sleights but routines to go with it.

Crash course 2 is all about a ambitious card routine, which sure it seems played out, but people love it.

Mercury is pretty cool too. Really easy and its "mind boggling".

Im sure some people will tell me im an idiot, but others will list other dvds that are probably really good also. I would reccomend the dvds. Thats just my opinion on books though, take it however you want.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results