Here's what I think T11

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
I visit this place from time to time and certain things here just bug the **** out of me.

A simple example is T11 recently released thier new cards. Centurions. Great, I have a couple myself, and I hope everyone likes them.

There is NO REASON AT ALL to have 6 SEPERATE REVIEWS SITTING ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE REVIEW FORUM. For crying out loud, straighten this place up a little bit so people can actually find stuff without sifting mindlessly through the numerous duplicated topics here. Its absolutely mindblowing.

Everything that comes out gets a review from a dozen people or more. Why the hell do you need to create your OWN thread? Just add your thoughts into a previously started one. Does everyone here honestly believe that thier review is the concise and accurate one? No its not. You're not that special, its just your OPINION, please add it to the list of others.

This isn't only for the review area, but for this site as a whole. Do you people realize how many folks avoid this place just for these simple reasons?

I would have liked to post this in the topic started by Bayme that says "Tell us what you think", but alas, the damn thread was locked, so I made this one.

Honestly people, use the search button, and bump an old thread if you need to, because the repeat topics here make this place into an extremely messy site.

Nathan Palmer

Oct 3, 2007
germany
I generally agree with what your saying, but you dont have to get so angry about it. As you said yourself: "You're not that special, its just your OPINION, please add it to the list of others."

Zep.

Sep 2, 2007
I generally agree with what your saying, but you dont have to get so angry about it. As you said yourself: "You're not that special, its just your OPINION, please add it to the list of others."

Zep.

Guess what? he does need to get angry about or no one will listen. You have to understand that the majority of this site is made up of 12 or 13 year old's who post a video on youtube weekly of them doing magic etc.

So he need's to be forceful so people will listen, but half the people on this site are to freak'in lazy to organize it by using the search button or deleting the thread's. I'm looking at the forum moderators

Anyway, I agree 100% with palmer, fight the power

Jan 13, 2008
yes I must agree. I mean how many thread are there? And to actually try to make sure you arent copying another thread is very VERY difficult. I lay out this suggestion to those who make threads: Please be sure the subject matter is described in the threads title, its hard enough to look at the thousands of thread names to see if its already been done, but its even harder when what you are saying has nothing to do with the title. It pretty much makes the search button worthless. Clever titles are great but only if they are helpful.

Sep 1, 2007
Guess what? he does need to get angry about or no one will listen. You have to understand that the majority of this site is made up of 12 or 13 year old's who post a video on youtube weekly of them doing magic etc.

So he need's to be forceful so people will listen, but half the people on this site are to freak'in lazy to organize it by using the search button or deleting the thread's. I'm looking at the forum moderators

Anyway, I agree 100% with palmer, fight the power

I'm editing this because most of what I said was uncalled for.

What I'm trying to say is that if you don't agree with what's going on over here, the solution is simple...

DON'T COME HERE...!

I don't see why some of you are making such a big deal out of this, if it's bothering you this much just ignore it. No need to make generalized comments such as "Theory11 is for 13 year old kids who are too lazy to practice tricks."

It's only making things worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
I am going to be very blunt with you.

You have terrible grammar. Please type so people can understand you if you're going to say stuff like this.

When I read your posts I really have trouble understanding the message you're trying to convey. It doesn't help that your post that I'm quoting is made up entirely of ignorant comments that wouldn't hold any water in a real argument.

Sorry for being such a jerk, but stuff like this really bugs me. I understand your frustration, but saying things like you're saying only make matters worse.

Honestly I dont see what this has to do with the thread that I started. If you wish to take up this site's grammar issues then please, by all means start your own damn thread. I'm certain there will be plenty of "lolz", "wOOt", and "nOOb" items to discuss there.

I don't get angry. I'm too old for that, but I do get aggravated just like anyone else.

You want proof of what Im talking about? Then sometime over the next week I will, or I will have someone else, start a thread EXACTLY like this one. The big issue here is the fact that it WILL GO UNNOTICED, and nobody will do crap about it. They will just look away, and ignore it. Ridiculous.

I know that some of the moderators here are good people, because I see/know them from "other" forums. I don't want to be the bad guy here, but I really don't think the rest of you know what the hell you are doing.

Not really your fault, the administration of the site should be helping you determine what is to be done. It's a big circle. Members answer to mods, mods answer to the admins, and the admins ultimately answer back to the members. Well here's what a lot of members want to see.

Duplicate threads.

If you see them politely mention that this is already under discussion elsewhere in the forum, provide the link, then LOCK THE DAMN THREAD so it falls off the charts.

If you need examples of an area that has few, if any, duplicate threads, then please check the cardistry forum.

There are new members here daily Im sure that are just itching to talk about the newest deck, ect. Please HELP them to learn the proper way to post in a forum. Otherwise you end up with what we have here, an absolute madhouse.

I'm going to be honest here. This site cannot ever be taken as a serious learning site until several issues are addressed. Currently, this is just a place to dump videos, and it could be so much more. Please, staff members listen to what we are saying.

Nathan Palmer

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
I don't see why some of you are making such a big deal out of this, if it's bothering you this much just ignore it. No need to make generalized comments such as "Theory11 is for 13 year old kids who are too lazy to practice tricks."

It's only making things worse.

I NEVER SAID THAT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. Everyone starts somewhere, and I'm no different.

I can ignore it, and as you can see by my post count it has been very simple for me to do so, but the fact remains that this place could be so much MORE. Its just unfortunate that this forum seems to be pretty much ignored.

Sep 1, 2007
I NEVER SAID THAT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. Everyone starts somewhere, and I'm no different.

I can ignore it, and as you can see by my post count it has been very simple for me to do so, but the fact remains that this place could be so much MORE. Its just unfortunate that this forum seems to be pretty much ignored.

My post was actually directed at Ampersan. You might have noticed that I quoted his post in my reply...

I have to agree with the fact that the search feature seems to be an obsolete thing here. But my biggest problem with T11 is the quality of the threads. I can start a thread about theory and showmanship with discussion and the replys to those threads are little to none. But you start a thread about whats your favorite trick or whos you favorite magician or Angel or Blaine and the amount of feedback is sickening. It's sickening to say the least sometimes.That may be the reason we are not taken very seiously over here sometimes.

Just my thoughts,

Shane.

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
I have to agree with the fact that the search feature seems to be an obsolete thing here. But my biggest problem with T11 is the quality of the threads. I can start a thread about theory and showmanship with discussion and the replys to those threads are little to none. But you start a thread about whats your favorite trick or whos you favorite magician or Angel or Blaine and the amount of feedback is sickening. It's sickening to say the least sometimes.That may be the reason we are not taken very seiously over here sometimes.

Just my thoughts,

Shane.

Thanks for your thoughts Shane. No. I don't honestly believe it has too much to do with any "certain" magician or cardist. Thier favorite could be a dead fish for all I care, as long as thier threads are taken care of the correct way. If you have one "Who is your favorite?" really, the answers will vary regardless of where you are. The problem is that after a week there will be ANOTHER "Who is you favorite?" topic, and the staff here seems to be completely oblivious to this.

I think there are what like 5 moderators here? Fine. Three of them are over EVERY forum while two are only over one. It just happens that is the only forum that is modded correctly. Very few, if any duplicate topics, threads are kept on topic, ect. That makes for a much easier forum to navigate, and thats why we have mods in the first place. The others.........I just don't know. I don't know them, but I do know they need to get it together in the rest of this site.

This topic has been up for hours now. With the title I put up I would have thought at least ONE staff member would have had a response. I'm waiting for them, because I can rebutt all of them.

Im an administrator of two sites myself, one with well over 1,000 members. So if they think I dont know what Im saying then they are mistaken.

Watch. This will be the one topic that gets locked because the mods are upset :rolleyes: . Sad thing is, Ill just wait a few days and start another, and they will probably miss that one.

As far as I know there's only 3 Mods, Jack, Dark Angel, And RebelAce. I understand your fustration with the rules that are being applied here but here's the thing. T11 has rules that these guys have to follow and some of those rules as Mods require tolerance and by that tolerance they are measured as a success or failure here on these forums. T11 wants the forums here to be more relaxed versus tension to allow everyone to have the chance to express themselves without feeling inexperienced or unwanted. I give much props to our Mods and I know they work hard here with the rules they are given. Saying that,..I think more input from the Mods can always be a good thing and not always a bad thing. Their presence makes everyone remember the rules and to use these search features. I hope we all grow and mature to the fact that it's quality over quantity when it comes to a respectable forum.

Just some more of my thoughts,

Shane

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
As far as I know there's only 3 Mods, Jack, Dark Angel, And RebelAce. I understand your fustration with the rules that are being applied here but here's the thing. T11 has rules that these guys have to follow and some of those rules as Mods require tolerance and by that tolerance they are measured as a success or failure here on these forums. T11 wants the forums here to be more relaxed versus tension to allow everyone to have the chance to express themselves without feeling inexperienced or unwanted. I give much props to our Mods and I know they work hard here with the rules they are given. Saying that,..I think more input from the Mods can always be a good thing and not always a bad thing. Their presence makes everyone remember the rules and to use these search features. I hope we all grow and mature to the fact that it's quality over quantity when it comes to a respectable forum.

Just some more of my thoughts,

Shane

Shane, dont get me wrong. Im pointing a finger at noone directly. You named 3 mods. I can name 2 more. Erik and Vinnie C. Both experienced staff members from other sites. This is why the forums they moderate are run CORRECTLY.

I also expressed earlier that mods can only do what they are allowed to do. If this is the case here, then the problem lies with the administration of this site, and not with them.

As for your last comment I very much agree. Quality over quantity. After saying that do you honesttly believe that it takes 10 threads to review a deck of cards?

Shane, dont get me wrong. Im pointing a finger at noone directly. You named 3 mods. I can name 2 more. Erik and Vinnie C. Both experienced staff members from other sites. This is why the forums they moderate are run CORRECTLY.

I also expressed earlier that mods can only do what they are allowed to do. If this is the case here, then the problem lies with the administration of this site, and not with them.

As for your last comment I very much agree. Quality over quantity. After saying that do you honesttly believe that it takes 10 threads to review a deck of cards?

Not 10 but 20 to some.haha

But on a serious note, I understand you completely and I thought you where speaking of T11 Mods. As far as administrative guidelines, T11 wishes to be different but at the same time understood and thats a hard mixture in any business. I believe they want to further the art of magic and not hurt it but those views are not shared by everyone and that's OK cause thats what we are about is allowing each other to have our own thougths as long as its not impeeding on others in a malicious manner. That is really the reason I am still a member here. I was a member on four other forums before I came here and now I am fulltime here and partial at two others. I enjoy these forums and you have to remember one thing. This forum is relatively still new. I have been since the grand opening actually a couple of weeks before that but there is alot of growing still needed here and where getting there.

Shane.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
You're not that special, its just your OPINION, please add it to the list of others.

It sounds like you're saying that everyone's opinion doesn't matter. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I kind of agree with you about the amount of threads.. but only in the General Discussion place. I think the Review Section should be allowed to have as many reviews as possible because it really allows for difference of opinion which is fantastic when you're about to buy a new product. And plus, having heaps of reviews on one product doesn't only occur on this forum, but on many others. And, as someone else pointed out, there's a thread which compiles a list of the best reviews here so it's not as confusing to the newer members.

General Discussion however, can get really annoying. If I was mod here, I'd be closing/deleting all the repeated "Who's your favourite?" "Who do you think is the best?" threads, which are all just worded differently anyway.

I think it comes down to the relaxed nature of this forum. Don't get me wrong, the relaxed nature is why I keep coming back to this place. I know I wont get flamed for spelling something wrong or miscalling the name of an effect, like I would at another forum (not naming names, but I'm sure you'll be able to guess which forum I mean).

So, I think if t11 became a tiny bit tighter, it would be great. Not so much so that people are scared to breathe, but just a little bit.

I know its been said before but this place really needs an off topic forum. Somewhere to put random crap. I know that would clean things up ALOT.

As for reviews being in one thread, I'm somewhat neutral. I think it would be good to have one thread and people that disagree can debate their points in that thread. I would much rather have people that have different opinions of a product discuss it rather than two threads where one guy says its amazing, one guy says it sucks. The problem though is every thread would end up an argument, mods would close it, and thats that. Whats wrong with a little heated discussion? If someone makes an ass of them self thats their fault. It will help them learn to debate maturely, and not just argue. Its win win.

At the same time though, I also wouldn't wanna read through 10 pages of posts to find different opinions of one product, where the majority of the posts are "oh I want that" or "thanks for the review".

So thats my input I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I know its been said before but this place really needs an off topic forum. Somewhere to put random crap. I know that would clean things up ALOT.

I forgot to mention that, thanks for the reminder.

An off topic forum would clean things up, because a lot of people appear to post topics just for the thrill and because they can, which is sad in itself but hey, whatever turns you on.

I don't understand what harm it could possibly do. It's one thing a majority of the people on this site want, and I think the owners should do something that so many of us want.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results