Double Jointed

Dec 7, 2007
I was wondering whats your opinions on double jointed fingers. I have all my fingers double jointed and my friend who flourishes a lot says its useless and doesnt help in any aspect if anything it hinders your progress. I flourish and it doesnt bother me in fact it seems to help me in some ways but does act wierd in different ways , but all in all i was just wondering what you guys think about it not only in flourishing but in magic and any other aspect but how do you think it affects people negatively or positively...

Dec 7, 2007
mine are double jointed.. i find myself popping them out of place from time to time but nothing special

yes this happens to me sometimes like if im doing something then my thumb pops into the wrong position its not exactly a benefit seeing as it usually results in dropped cards or something like that

Dec 7, 2007
well, I've never dropped cards because of my double joint-ed-ness...? but it's become second nature to pop my thumb on some of the moves during the sybil.

well not in many instances but in a four ace display where a card balances on the thumb it will pop into a wierd position ruining the balance

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
I am not only double jointed but I also have a hitchhiker's thumb... the double joints really help on a normal bridge shuffle and the Hugh Scott shuffle, but they impede most everything else (like Kryptonite, because my fingers seem to lock halfway through the cut and the cards fall right out of my hands :mad:). The hitchhiker's really don't do much to help or impede.

Dec 7, 2007
I am not only double jointed but I also have a hitchhiker's thumb... the double joints really help on a normal bridge shuffle and the Hugh Scott shuffle, but they impede most everything else (like Kryptonite, because my fingers seem to lock halfway through the cut and the cards fall right out of my hands :mad:). The hitchhiker's really don't do much to help or impede.

i have a hitchhikers thumb too...
yes exactly what i mean it seems to drop out of my hands because my fingers pop into unnatural positions

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results