Prophet - PURE Magic

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Prophet is the Best. Period.

How do you know? You don't own it now do you...

Prophet does look good and I do like the face to face change, but I think I'm going to stick with Extreme Burn. The face to face change is a big plus, but turning five 1s into five bills of a higher denomination is strong enough that people don't notice that it's going from back to face, nor would they have any reason to examine the bills before or after.

Aug 31, 2007

Prophet does look good and I do like the face to face change, but I think I'm going to stick with Extreme Burn. The face to face change is a big plus, but turning five 1s into five bills of a higher denomination is strong enough that people don't notice that it's going from back to face, nor would they have any reason to examine the bills before or after.

According to a thread on The Magic Cafe, Extreme Burn can be done as a face-to-face change as well, though I don't know if that particular method is actually taught on the DVD...

Aug 31, 2007
By the way, the following was posted by Tom Isaacson over at the Cafe for anyone who doesn't frequent that board:

I figured I would post this as I see this as a topic that needs to be addressed before too many people falsely read in between the lines and try and make up their own facts about this situation. As the old saying goes: "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"

Our community has certainly been buzzing lately about Richard Sander's Extreme Burn, which has led to suspicions being raised between the similarities it bears with a brief "Teaser" for Prophet shown on Theory 11. While the 3 second teaser might have led one to believe that it was the same thing I can reassure you that "Prophet" and "Extreme Burn are NOT accomplished using the same technique. BOTH, however are based on the original Patrick Page "Easy Money" gimmick. While I knew my technique was not the same as Richard's, I made a point to pick up a copy of Extreme Burn and check it out myself as I saw the forums mentioning this issue. I can tell you there are certain very distinct differences between both of our DVD's.

However- I'm not going turn this into a "Buy MY DVD, not HIS" post, I think Extreme Burn IS a great product and anyone who purchases it will definitely have fun playing around with his work on it. For anyone who has interest in the multiple bill change plot, it is definitely worth checking out.

That said, I still firmly stand behind PROPHET, which, for the record, DOES NOT require the special gimmick used in Extreme Burn, so NO, they are not independent creations of the same thing. After experimenting with Sander's gimmick- it is my sincere opinion think there are many distinct advantages with my technique (how convenient right?) I won't get too specific in details right now, however I will say this- Prophet will probably take more practice than Extreme Burn to master, so out of the box, one is more likely to have quicker success with Extreme Burn, but I think that anyone that invests the time to learn Prophet will be VERY WELL rewarded and much safer for real world performances.

There will be an extended trailer coming VERY soon where you will get to see much more than the last teaser revealed. Stay tuned.

-Tom Isaacson-

Sidenote:

Please be aware that I'm not naive to the fact that because this is Theory11 everything will be looked at under a microscope, and many of you looking at this have the Magic Police on speed dial. Just be aware that I've been very thorough on this subject and will happy to address any "issues"

Oct 28, 2007

Dude you should just stick what you think is best, i'm a bit of a perfectionist and some spectators are more keen then you might expect, so i don't even want a slight chance of them even getting an idea of how to do it.

And maybe this has a much higher fun factor then any other change that you know, and every spectator would want to examine the bill after the change i mean wouldn't you i know i would.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Dude you should just stick what you think is best, i'm a bit of a perfectionist and some spectators are more keen then you might expect, so i don't even want a slight chance of them even getting an idea of how to do it.

And maybe this has a much higher fun factor then any other change that you know, and every spectator would want to examine the bill after the change i mean wouldn't you i know i would.

Who really cares?

The spectator sees a few dollar bills, turn into a few ONE HUNDRED dollar bills. It is a miracle to the spectator no matter what. If you could really do magic, wouldn't you do this?

Stop fighting over which is better and wait to see it. Maybe it is extremely gimmicky? Maybe the handling is awkward? Wait and find out.

Keenan

Oct 28, 2007
Who really cares?

The spectator sees a few dollar bills, turn into a few ONE HUNDRED dollar bills. It is a miracle to the spectator no matter what. If you could really do magic, wouldn't you do this?

Keenan

no if i could really do magic i would rob a bank. just kidding, but i don't like the flipping motion, yeah it works but some spectators are such hecklers they might notice it, don't underestimate them.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
no if i could really do magic i would rob a bank. just kidding, but i don't like the flipping motion, yeah it works but some spectators are such hecklers they might notice it, don't underestimate them.

I can tolerate the flipping motion, but don't forget that the video for Prophet was just a teaser and all you see is the change. I'm not sure if there is a flipping motion that you have to do before the change like in Hundy or EB (I haven't seen the original youtube footage so I'm not sure if there is a folding/flipping part).

And Mesmer, I haven't fully watched my EB DVD yet, but just based on how he teaches the construction of the gimmick (and his preview as well) the only way I know of is it goes from face down to face up. However, I think that I've figured out a way to make it so that it is face up to face up, but like I said before...it shouldn't matter. The only thing that should matter is the fact that you changed five low denomination bills into five high denomination bills or vice versa.

As for the whole letting your spectators examine your bills...

Why would you hand complete strangers (or even your own friends and family) $500 to examine? You must be a very trusting person if you do that.

And on a side note, I'm in no way putting down Prophet. Prophet does look cool and I actually am planning on purchasing it when it comes out as I'd like to try and combine this with Hundy and Extreme Burn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results