Prophet - Differences that set it apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2008
Floridelphia
The biggest topic recent obviously is Prophet. I'm not here to down any trick. I'm pointing out differences that people either don't notice or think about.

Mr. Sanders has posted his underground handling video demo on his page. I don't understand how people don't see a difference. It just looks sloppy. I guess it depends on what your taste is. My standards are very high. Jerking bills up and down as in the underground demo just won't cut it for me. It looks WAY too obvious. I almost feel he gave the trick away by showing that. As a laymen I would instantly have an idea of what's going on.

I would like EB a lot more if you could leave the bills static and not jerk them up and down or side to side (as you have no choice with the underground handling). I think the strongest part of Prophet is you can hold the bills horizontal completely still and do the change lightning fast without slinging the bills up and down or towards the ground. The result is a total face change that looks like a "snap" or "window" change you see with playing cards, a change as sick as the Buck twins can do. This is one point that can't be replicated with EB.. and to me, IS the selling point with Prophet.

Now I realize that this whole paragraph is based on MY taste and opinion, they BOTH have perks. I just wanted to point out a few differences that people ' Don't think about??

It's funny, obviously Sanders JUST put that video up to defend his trick against Prophet. I think he shot himself in the foot. It further supported my opinion on how "Clean" Prophet looks compared to EB. He was bragging about "no edits, cuts or special effects" I'd hope not seeing that footage. @ a little over 2 minutes in the Prophet final trailer, you are seeing from 12" away exactly how the effect would look if your face was that close to the bills.. no edits. It looks THAT good in person.

Now Sanders Fiber Optics = sick sick sick (I'm not completely bias)

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Why make a topic if you already posted it in the Prophet thread?

EDIT: I just saw you removed the post from the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
There is a reason in which Mike Skutt, Wayne Dobson, Doc Eason, Bob Sheets, Jason Palter, John Born, Marc Spelmann, and Tim Trono think this is the best version on EZ Money ever created.

With Prophet, you are getting one or two changes, taught in 32 minutes. With Extreme Burn, you get nine changes, taught in over 90 minutes. Also, they are both the same price. Honestly, which sounds like a better deal. I think everyone would agree that Extreme Burn gives more bang for the buck.

I agree that Prophet has no jerks. But that doesn't make Prophet better than Extreme Burn. The eight other changes are super visual and awesome. I perform them regularly and they get great reactions.

I was going to get Prophet, until I saw how similar it looks to Extreme Burn, which I already own. Unless a DVD/Download of Prophet magically appears at my doorstep, I will not be getting Prophet.

Project X, you said on another forum that you're not a magician anymore. If you were to see both of these effects, Prophet and Extreme Burn, would you really notice a difference. Probably not. Laymen only remember that 1s change into 100s. If you performed Underground Change and Prophet, they would think the same thing, 1s changed into 100s with a snap. They wouldn't remember Extreme Burn was more sloppy and had more cover and jerks.

I think it is safe to say Extreme Burn is a better product.

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
Go to Richard's website, here. Click the RealTime demo, and it's the first change he does. The demo doesn't do the effect justice. It looks a lot better than it does on camera. Trust me on that.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Go to Richard's website, here. Click the RealTime demo, and it's the first change he does. The demo doesn't do the effect justice. It looks a lot better than it does on camera. Trust me on that.

That un-edited video sorta gives away the method..

And I still think Prophet looks heaps better.

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
Many great magicians say the audience only remembers the end result. If that's true, which it is, why wouldn't you want to get more bang for your buck? Extreme Burn features nine visual changes and many performance tips with 90 minutes of material. Prophet does not.

Which is the better choice? Extreme Burn is.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Many great magicians say the audience only remembers the end result. If that's true, which it is, why wouldn't you want to get more bang for your buck? Extreme Burn features nine visual changes and many performance tips with 90 minutes of material. Prophet does not.

Which is the better choice? Extreme Burn is.

I have said it once and I will say it again, JJJP is absolutely right.

I am not going to put prophet down because heck, it looks good, I will admit that but extreme burn is a lot better in my opinion and seems a lot cleaner. Sure, the spectator only remembers the bills changing from ones to hundreds but if we were t put them side to side, which do you think would be better, prophet or extreme burn.

In my opinion, extreme burn because you don't handle the bills funny. Now I am not saying that the bills in prophet are held funny but how the bills are held in EB seem much more natural.

Mar 17, 2008
Floridelphia
There is a reason in which Mike Skutt, Wayne Dobson, Doc Eason, Bob Sheets, Jason Palter, John Born, Marc Spelmann, and Tim Trono think this is the best version on EZ Money ever created.

And for the last 3 weeks before prophet was released, I agree it was best version out there- but How many of those people that said that have seen prophet? and if they have seen a demo of it, How many of those people have seen prophet performed in person? I promise you once people see these two compared side by side in person, there won't be any doubt, again not knocking extreme Burn (it does look great, especially compared to past releases), but magicians are always pushing forward to perfection, and I think prophet has the upper hand there.
And there's a reason patrick page thinks prophet is the BEST version out there.

With Prophet, you are getting one or two changes, taught in 32 minutes. With Extreme Burn, you get nine changes, taught in over 90 minutes. Also, they are both the same price. Honestly, which sounds like a better deal. I think everyone would agree that Extreme Burn gives more bang for the buck.

Well I don't know if people want a value meal or gourmet dinner. If both changes in Prophet looks better than ALL the changes in EB.. I don't need 326 varieties to feel "its a better deal" I only want the best.

I agree that Prophet has no jerks. But that doesn't make Prophet better than Extreme Burn. The eight other changes are super visual and awesome. I perform them regularly and they get great reactions.

You're correct, it's personal opinion as I stated. But EB cannot replicate the best change Prophet can do, Important point of difference- Prophet accomplishes a FULL FACE CHANGE with the bills held vertically (perpendicular to the ground) which takes this trick from only doing it for a few people, to making it play in a stand up situation.

I was going to get Prophet, until I saw how similar it looks to Extreme Burn, which I already own. Unless a DVD/Download of Prophet magically appears at my doorstep, I will not be getting Prophet.

That's fine. I'm getting both.

Project X, you said on another forum that you're not a magician anymore. If you were to see both of these effects, Prophet and Extreme Burn, would you really notice a difference. Probably not. Laymen only remember that 1s change into 100s. If you performed Underground Change and Prophet, they would think the same thing, 1s changed into 100s with a snap. They wouldn't remember Extreme Burn was more sloppy and had more cover and jerks.

If they are only going to remember 1's changing into 100's, then why not just stick with Hundy500? Extreme burn is great and has a lot of variety, but I promise if you are a fan of the Easy Money plot, PROPHET will definitely be worth your time. And honestly, if you are investing the $600 required to perform it, $25 to explore another option that gives you a few more advantages is a small sacrifice in mind. But if you really think Extreme Burn still has the upper hand, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, you can't go wrong either way.

Sep 2, 2007
Is the topic starter the creator of a particular coin-in-bottle effect that was very over-zealous in promoting his product here a couple moons ago? Except you are the 'easy money version'? :D

Ok lame jokes aside, i am definitely leaning towards EB at the moment. As magicians we perform FOR laymen and frankly, there really is no difference between EB and prophet.

I say it again, we perform for laymen. Cheers!

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
I'm not a magician per se, I'm a cardist and I can safely say that I'm more of a lay person when it comes to magic than 99% of people on here.

Reading over all these posts, I come to conclude that Prophet is the most visual. However....I realize that the EB teaches more material and has 3X the runtime which is great. It IS in fact more bang for your buck...or is it?

I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you this...I personally prefer QUALITY over QUANTITY. If I had a choice between 5 things that looked GOOD and 1 that looked mindblowing...I would choose the one that blew people away. It's quite obvious to me...coming from a lay person's perspective... that PROPHET is the way to go.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
80% of the answers to this thread was made by users starting with the letter J.

Haha, I just noticed.

I'm not a magician per se, I'm a cardist and I can safely say that I'm more of a lay person when it comes to magic than 99% of people on here.

Reading over all these posts, I come to conclude that Prophet is the most visual. However....I realize that the EB teaches more material and has 3X the runtime which is great. It IS in fact more bang for your buck...or is it?

I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you this...I personally prefer QUALITY over QUANTITY. If I had a choice between 5 things that looked GOOD and 1 that looked mindblowing...I would choose the one that blew people away. It's quite obvious to me...coming from a lay person's perspective... that PROPHET is the way to go.

Exactly the way I was thinking.

Mar 17, 2008
Floridelphia

Funny how people's taste is so different. People are content with low quality product these days. Everyone has to "feel" like they got a bang for buck. The most funny and ironic thing is they're coming over hear preaching bang for buck over $25!? lol. Maybe a car.. but a magic trick.. give me what looks the best and nothing less. It's pretty much unanimous Prophet is way more visual and clean.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Funny how people's taste is so different. People are content with low quality product these days. Everyone has to "feel" like they got a bang for buck. The most funny and ironic thing is they're coming over hear preaching bang for buck over $25!? lol. Maybe a car.. but a magic trick.. give me what looks the best and nothing less. It's pretty much unanimous Prophet is way more visual and clean.
I honestly don't see any difference in the two products, how's EB more sloppy? I actually find that Tom was being very careful with the bills while Richard was being more casual, but that's not exactly a bad thing, both require a split second of cover, and both have a version that has no cover, like the one at the end of the prophet trailer, and the one at the end of the EB trailer. SO I don't think the Quality vs Quantity argument fits here.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl

Did you come to the conclusion that Prophet is more visual from the post or from the previews, because a loit of people are saying that Prophet is more visual and I don't see a difference, both of them need a split second of cover, except in Prophet you do it with your hand or by pointing the bills down, while in EB you drop the bills from one hand to another or you turn them over or well there a lot of changes in EB. So basicly I think that there is no more visual one, I think it's just which one appeals more to you and fits your style and personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results