Prophet - Tom Isaacson

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
The Effect
To see the effect, go here. I don't believe words suffice for the sheer coolness of the effect.

The Reactions
From what was seen in the video, people either stare in silence, or freak out while jumping around. This is one of the reasons I purchased this. The sudden way the bills change really do look like magic. People will react as such.

The Method
I will state this up front. You will need to make a gimmick for this. I assumed this when I bought it, but some people may not. So there it is. This effect uses a gimmick. Beyond that, the method is pretty straightforward once you construct the gimmick. Personally, I think it's a cool idea. One you are set up, you are ready for the whole night.

The Teaching
The teaching is great. Its up close, and he goes over the angles and handling. Even the psychology and audience management of the effect are taught. He also goes over construction of the gimmick as he is making it, doing it very slowly, giving tips along the way on how to make it as clean as possible.

My Performance
Will be updated once I perform it.

The Recap
I normally do not do bill effects, the exception being Fraud. Some of my best reactions come from Fraud, and it is the effect people request the most, and the one where people bring their friends to me to show them the effect. Prophet gave me the same feeling as when I first saw Fraud. I'm hoping the reactions I get will be the same. If so, I will always be carrying Prophet with me, ready to perform. The effect still looks beautiful even after you know the method, and to me it will be one of those you do in front of the mirror just because it looks so smooth.

If anyone has questions about the effect itself, I'll do my best to answer.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Does it cost money to make the gimmick? Like if I were to change four 1s into 4 20's, would it cost one hundred and four dollars? Are all the bills gimmicked? Or is it just one? Do you have to cut any money?

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
the effect looks amazing. i just cant shake the fact however that its already been done before

It has. However, I like T11 because its a site comprised of great magicians selling their own stuff, as opposed to a website of people who happen to be magicians, selling other magicians stuff. So far, Ive only had quality stuff from T11.

That being said, I never had a bill change such as this because I never did bill effects. I saw Prophet, and thought it looked amazing. From what the video said, Extreme Burn, Hundy 500, so on so fourth all came from the same effect that came out I believe in 1960's. I choose to get Prophet because I liked Toms' handling of it.

Same thing goes for Control. There's many pulse stop effects out there, but I like Houchins' handling, and the way his works. In the end, its all a matter of preference of handling and teacher.

-ThrallMind

Mar 16, 2008
damn! im seriously debating on whether to get this or not...i have hundy 500 and that's fine, but prophet looks so visual...what do u guys think, should i get it

does it take a lot of practice to get smooth?!?

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
damn! im seriously debating on whether to get this or not...i have hundy 500 and that's fine, but prophet looks so visual...what do u guys think, should i get it

does it take a lot of practice to get smooth?!?

It will take some practice to get down, yes. Some for the change, and then some for the smoothness of the effect as a whole.

I don't have Hundy 500, so I can't say for sure. You may want to get Prophet just to get Toms' handling on it.

-ThrallMind

Dec 23, 2007
I have a question: what about examination? obviously some of the spectators want to see the bills after changing them. Can u just hand them out cleanly?

Dec 23, 2007
Think of it this way... If you just produced $500, would you want to give it to someone to "examine"?

It wasnt a question on what i would or wouldnt do. I just asked if it was possible ;) Btw They say it dont need to be 100 dollar bills.. But i take your answer as a no :p

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
It wasnt a question on what i would or wouldnt do. I just asked if it was possible ;) Btw They say it dont need to be 100 dollar bills.. But i take your answer as a no :p

Any denomination works. And, you can in fact hand out a changed bill at the end. Or two. Or three. Or more. He goes over it on the video :)

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results