Torn Too by Daniel Garcia

Hey Guys,
I recently purchased Torn Too from penguinmagic, and here's my take on it.

Well first off, let me say, this is REALLY clever. It's one of those things that when you
see the method you slap yourself in the face thinking, "Why didn't I come up with that!?"
With a little bit of practice, this is definitely going into my TNR routine.

Performances:
The performances in this download/DVD are very funny, and amusing.
Danny has a very fun patter he uses and obviously does a great job
handling his spectators.

Quality:
The quality of the teaching section is Ok. I have a feeling the demo was filmed after the actual
trick was.. like LONG after. The quality of the demo is incredible! The actual DVD, not so much.
BUT It's totally easy to understand, and it is clear enough. My one complaint, is the cameras were
very shake at some parts...

Method:
Like I said, the method is awesome!
I will be performing this, it's just so cool! Pretty much like everything else Danny puts out, haha
The gimmick is easy to make, and it will last you quite a bit of performances.
This is not hard to do, it's just a little tricky at one part. But don't worry, a few days of practice and
you'll be healing cards with your eyes closed!

Overall, I really enjoyed this. It's entertaining to watch, and very clear.
The method is smart, and practical. I highly recommend this!
Thanks guys,

Calvin Lauber

Sep 1, 2007
Great review black dove.

One question- I've heard many complaints about the gimmick being very visible in places with strong lighting, or even average lighting.

Is that true? What do you have to say about that?

D

DavidLira360

Yes, that´s true:(

Under very bright light the trick can be "killed":D.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
This is a very good trick. Gimmick is easy to make. But I dont use it, I don't know why. Maybe I should create a gimmick now and practice it because I don't use any torn effect so far. Anway get this dvd it's good! :)

Mar 29, 2008
I personally don't find the effect deceptive, outside of on video...even then. Moreover, do you not also end somewhat dirty? Correct me if I am wrong.

Lastly, why just a corner? Oh well - that is another thread. Good luck with it!

Jun 14, 2008
Unna, Germany
I had a look at the video yesterday and immediately thought to myself that I had seen this before.

I do not have Torn Too but it looks exactly like an old Michael Ammar routine in which he uses a businesscard (signed) to get the same effect.

Seems like a rediscovery to me.

Ravi

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Its almost the same as the old Michel Ammar trick.

I think Torn too is a really bad trick, for 5 dollars maybe or in a book with like 20 other effects it would be okey.

But a full price dvd? No way. Its one of those "We make a super cool trailer where you dont se much of the trick but just peoples reactions so kids will buy it" tricks

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
I don't really like torn 2, why only restore a little piece of a card when I know dozens of complete torn and restored effects...

Just my thoughts,

-PTG

Apr 26, 2014
Great review

Just a few questions:
1) Does the card have to be forced? I'm torn (no pun intended) between torn and torn too because i haven't yet owned a proper TnR effect and I want to be able to do torn but because it is angle sensitive i cannot do it on the street as I was planning on putting it in my street magic arsenal. I know REF4MM is now out but after reading the reviews etc I would prefer not to have to rip it up and let the spectator keep it

2) Due to the trick being "killed" in bright light will have have to position myself with my back to the sun? I'd rather do torn but because of angles and being in the middle of town I couldn't

3) In your opinion would it be better to go for torn or torn too (or even an alternative one) Since it proves difficult and expensive to get Guy Hollingworth's Reformation I've taken that off the list of TnR effects.

-EL

monurao111

Banned
Apr 28, 2014
INDIA
torn is piece by piece restoration and torn too is corner restoration. Both are different effects with different plots. u cant compare them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results