Favorite ACR ending?

May 13, 2008
ACR ending

This may sound simple but its worked well for me for years. I end my ACR by saying "and something odd happens if I just use half the deck" and put half aside - "insert" the selection in the half remaining in my hand and have it rise to the top - but instead of the "top" in my hand - it has risen to the top of the half of the deck on the table and the spectator can turn it over themselves. Like I said, its simple but ALWAYS gets a huge reaction. People just don't believe their card found its way to the half of the deck that has been sitting on the table. I use a drop change (I think that's what's it called) to pull it off. Simple is good. This has been a very practical and powerful ending for me.

card at any number

I present ACR as demonstration of ability to control a chosen card invisibly. To me, "card at any number" is a suitable ending and very logical one. I think that problem with most ACR endings is lack of logic and consistency with the rest of the routine. "card to impossible location" is commonly used but totally out of place.
For the CAAN ending I use Berry Richardson's impromptu handling which is great .

1. Braue Pop-Up
2. That thing from Brian Tudor's Heckler when it appears in your other hand w/o the deck then doing a deck vanish
3. Shifty, only at 3rd since I haven't bought it yet so don't have hands on expierience.

A little piece of advice, if I may - do not use the classic pass in ACR, it is meant to be used as a secret control with misdirection, not as a look-what-I-do move!
A little piece of advice, a pass doesn't need a misdirection. In general, all sleights that look like you're not doing anything ( top change, pass .. etc ) are better done under misdirection, but some of these can be done with skill, that you don't really need misdirection to achieve the effect.

Many card workers use the pass with great success. As a color change or a control. Anyway, my favorite ender is Braue's pop up.

~ Feras

Dec 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I always end with a "card to pocket" or a "card to mouth". I occasionally do the Paper-clipped ending except that i don't always carry paper clips with me.

May 29, 2008
Australia
The card to wallet

Great ending to any routine is the signed card on both back and face torn and restored inside persons wallet... Great ending to a fluent ACR routine and ofcourse the braue pop up move but lets be original and open our minds many great effects to use at the end of such a classic magic routine.

Sep 3, 2007
Jay Sankey's Extremely Ambitious contains a lot of great closers including

Vernon's Bend- the pop up move

Rubber Room Rise- an impromptu version of Daryl's Ultimate Ambition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZqnhQAUmws

Compact Closer- same as above, except the card appears folded up

Top Card- an indifferent card is marked on the back as the "Top Card", the signed card is inserted in the middle, and the indifferent card changes to their card

Leather Bound- card to wallet (no palming)

Through the Roof- cards are put into case, with a shake, the card jumps up through the case and appears on top

Round Up- same idea as Through the Roof, except the deck is wrapped in masking tape first

Hammered Deception- similar to Paul Harris's Solid Deception, after the routine, the deck is revealed to be one solid block of cards, nailed together

I would strongly recommend this DVD. It has helped me come up with 2 more complete Ambitious Card Routines. It really helped my creativity, and I was able to break away from my old standard "David Blaine" ACR.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
i have a few favoured finale's, all of which are designed to take the effect far away from the realms of traditional ACR's.

-solid deception, by paul harris, is amaz-az-ing.
-back in time, by spidey, published in 'talk about tricks', is an unbelievable descendant of solid deception.
-my own personal, time machine plot, very different from above, has it's pro's and its con's.

but...

-the braue pop up move is awesome
-a visible rising card is visually different (though i'm not sure if i would use it, i'm sure others would have had great success with the phase)

C!

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I realized recently that the rising card technique does not fascinate laymen as much as magicians.
My ACR final is a combination of a rising card, deck disappearance and 4 of a kind revelation. I posted it on T11 recently, so check it out :p
Hopefully my little idea has helped a few.

-DL

Sep 1, 2007
aznofspades, the pop out move is Fred Braue's, not Vernon's.
Medifro is the everlasting fountain of crediting details :D.

In an impromptu setting, torn and restored card to shoe.
If I have the gimmick I do WOW by Masuda.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results