Puncture by Ben Morris-Rains

Sep 1, 2007
Puncture by Ben Morris-Rains

Available here:
Http://www.outofthehatmagic.com

This is a great compilation of pen through dollar bill effects. I really think these are clever, and well thought out. Very practical, and I will be performing them!

Introduction:

It is just what you think it is, the creator talks about how he created the effects.

Puncture:

This is the main routine. a dollar bill is borrowed, as well as a pen. The bill is folded in half legnthwise, and the bill is cleanly pushed through. The pen is taken out, and the bill is shown to be unharmed. The bill is then folded widthwise, and the pen is placed into. Now, the pen starts to slowly melt through the bill, and they are both handed back to the spectator. I really like this routine, and it is also easy. Just imagine Misled, but completely impromptu. By the way, this should work with any bill. There are no gimmicks either.

Holy Rip:

This is whte first phase of Puncture, but with a gimmick. It is even cleaner, and you rip the pen through the bill, and it can even be heard. The bill is then restored, and handed back out with the pen. I think this is a neat idea, and a nice cimple gimmick.

S.M.U.P.T.R:

The is the second phase of Puncture, but done in a different way. I like this version a lot, and is also completely impromptu.

Scribble:

A card is selected, and placed back in the deck, or whatever. The spectator is instructed to take a sharpie, and make a bunch of marks on the magician's hands. After then is done, the magician's hands are completely scribled on, but when the fingers are interlaced, it forms the name of the selected card. I think this is a clever idea, and people will like it. I won't use it, because I don't like to get my hands drawn on, but it is a cool idea.

Thanks To Sankey:

A prediction is seen to be paperclipped to the inside of the card case. A card is selected and signed. The paperclipped card turns out to be the signed card. If you like Paperclipped by Jay Sankey, but didn't like the folding of the card, you will like this. It is nice, easy, and practical.

I highly recommend this PDF. It is very cheap, but the material definantly is not cheap. It is very much worth the $6. Go buy this!

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I also own this and I have to agree. At $6 you cannot go wrong with the material.

My personal favourite is Scribble because that's just my style. I love it. The bill stuff should definitely not be looked over, completely impromptu and everything is carefully worked out. There are some subtleties which will take some mirrorage ;) but mirror is to magician as dog is to man eh? :p

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
thats not a tangent
go back to calc

This is why I dropped it though!! :mad::p

Either way see I did it again I just typed "Either way" without thinking and now I have nowhere to go. >_>

Back to the matter at hand:

If you're interested in this product I highly recommend picking it up whilst it's at the price it's at. Ben would be more than just to raise the price, it's quality stuff. :)

- Sean

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
money magic does nothing for me at all
i only like to perform effects which noobs cant copy even after a week of practicing
let alone by simply knowing the secret

Money magic does nothing for you? While that might may be, it DOES do a lot for spectators.

And worrying about "noobs" copying your material doesn't make sense to me, unless your performing for magicians. I don't perform for magicians and none of them have ever wanted to copy the tricks I do. However, if they were to go in a magic shop and explaine what they just saw, they would of course get a gimmick such as misled or the pen through anything.

Anyways, to each their own.

P.S.: The site was redone, I hope it is easier to see now on all monitors.

Peace,
Ben

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
no i didnt mean it as copying
i meant i like to perform challenging effects
i dont care if somebody can copy it
if they can they deserve my respect
maybe we will hang out

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results