Jumping Gemini

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
That was nicely performed man :) If there was one thing, you know what I would say so I won't say it ;) :p

Also I just watched your lifesavers routine too. I enjoyed that, nicely went with the music. :D

- Sean

Oct 17, 2007
That was nicely performed man :) If there was one thing, you know what I would say so I won't say it

Also I just watched your lifesavers routine too. I enjoyed that, nicely went with the music. :D

- Sean

Thanks, Sean. What were you going to say, but you won't say?? lol...it won't hurt me...too bad. :p

Oct 17, 2007
I forgot to mention...I tried doing it with patter, but it didn't work out well. It sounded too much like Roy Raphaeli's verison and got a bit repetitive. But I tried.

I will definitely use patter in an audience. I mean, it'd be dumb to not. But just for this purpose I didn't.

Mar 29, 2008
Tips and Credits

So...I checked out your Jumping Gemini, by Darwin Ortiz, and just wanted to say...out of the 489 posts on Youtube under Jumping Gemini - yours is one of the better ones.

If you are really asking for feedback, I would recommend a couple things:

1) When you do your Elmsley, only move your left hand. Don't move both, as it appears more like a two handed shuffle of 4 cards than a count into the other hand. A good way to practice is to sit, put the back of your right palm on the inside of your right leg, and do the count. Your leg should prevent the movement.

2) When you showed the joker's, you change the way you do your turnovers. You should try to find Darwin Ortiz' book "Darwin Ortiz At the Card Table", which contains the original version of Jumping Gemini. It uses Brother John Hamman's Gemini Count. This is a more consistent looking way to do what you are doing, instead of the awkward wrist turn way you are doing it now. Take a look at the last sequence, and how you break the pattern, this is a tell to on-lookers that your procedure has changed. I would strongly consider making that change.

3) When you do your Flustration Count showing all the 10's, be sure to show the bottom one, before you pull off the first card. You just pulled off the first card, then continued with the count...so, all you really have to do to correct this is show it first, then pull the card off and continue on. Small touch, but it's how to do it properly.

That being said, the rest of your turnovers looked great - Darwin Ortiz would be proud.

Oh, but one more thing. Did I mention this effect is by Darwin Ortiz? Just because you use Jokers for the ending, instead of displaying Kings, doesn't mean you get to claim ownership of the effect. Roy Raphaeli is not the creator of Jumping Gemini, nor did he really add anything that should make you think this. He popularized it with the help of computer media forums, like Ebaums world and Youtube, but it's not his creation. It's not your fault - Youtube is a machine for miseducation. However, Darwin Ortiz developed this effect...let's give credit to the mind that evented it, not popularized it on a mass media forum. Spread the word.

It takes a very confident magician to ask for feedback, and an even stronger one to take it. Good luck with your magic, I hope the tips help and you continue to "wow" crowds in person. Cheers.

Morgician

Unrelated PS - To all the magicians out there - please honour the Magicians Oath, please stop posting tutorials on Youtube...didn't the Mask Magician cause enough damage without us adding to it? Keep the secret, it's the gift of magic. Thanks.

Oct 17, 2007
Thanks a lot, Morgician!! I will definitely take that information into account. That was great info, and thanks for writing it all out.

Also, out of 489 videos, mine was the better ones???? That means so much. Thank you.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
So...I checked out your Jumping Gemini, by Darwin Ortiz, and just wanted to say...out of the 489 posts on Youtube under Jumping Gemini - yours is one of the better ones.

If you are really asking for feedback, I would recommend a couple things:

1) When you do your Elmsley, only move your left hand. Don't move both, as it appears more like a two handed shuffle of 4 cards than a count into the other hand. A good way to practice is to sit, put the back of your right palm on the inside of your right leg, and do the count. Your leg should prevent the movement.

2) When you showed the joker's, you change the way you do your turnovers. You should try to find Darwin Ortiz' book "Darwin Ortiz At the Card Table", which contains the original version of Jumping Gemini. It uses Brother John Hamman's Gemini Count. This is a more consistent looking way to do what you are doing, instead of the awkward wrist turn way you are doing it now. Take a look at the last sequence, and how you break the pattern, this is a tell to on-lookers that your procedure has changed. I would strongly consider making that change.

3) When you do your Flustration Count showing all the 10's, be sure to show the bottom one, before you pull off the first card. You just pulled off the first card, then continued with the count...so, all you really have to do to correct this is show it first, then pull the card off and continue on. Small touch, but it's how to do it properly.

That being said, the rest of your turnovers looked great - Darwin Ortiz would be proud.

Oh, but one more thing. Did I mention this effect is by Darwin Ortiz? Just because you use Jokers for the ending, instead of displaying Kings, doesn't mean you get to claim ownership of the effect. Roy Raphaeli is not the creator of Jumping Gemini, nor did he really add anything that should make you think this. He popularized it with the help of computer media forums, like Ebaums world and Youtube, but it's not his creation. It's not your fault - Youtube is a machine for miseducation. However, Darwin Ortiz developed this effect...let's give credit to the mind that evented it, not popularized it on a mass media forum. Spread the word.

It takes a very confident magician to ask for feedback, and an even stronger one to take it. Good luck with your magic, I hope the tips help and you continue to "wow" crowds in person. Cheers.

Morgician

Unrelated PS - To all the magicians out there - please honour the Magicians Oath, please stop posting tutorials on Youtube...didn't the Mask Magician cause enough damage without us adding to it? Keep the secret, it's the gift of magic. Thanks.

Very good feedback Morgician, we need people like you to the forum mate!

Mar 29, 2008
I am very pleased the feedback was taken well - it is always hard to make recommendations, as it is not always taken well. Thank you for your positive feedback as well. Hope our paths cross in magic.

Your brother in magic,
Morgan

- Exosure kills magic, speak out against it, don't do it, and respect the secret.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results