Loops

Dec 23, 2007
Hey, i have never worked with loops before and are wondering what i should get. Its alot of diffrent dvd's and loops alternatives. Please help me out
thanks!

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Go (penguinmagic.com) and buy the million dollar knot instant download, and a pack of magicians wax. Then go to (Ellusionist.com) and buy mesikas elastics.

Now you could make like 200 loop for 45 bucks and the million dollar knot teaches you a few trciks at the end of the video. Hope this helped.

Dec 23, 2007
Go (penguinmagic.com) and buy the million dollar knot instant download, and a pack of magicians wax. Then go to (Ellusionist.com) and buy mesikas elastics.

Now you could make like 200 loop for 45 bucks and the million dollar knot teaches you a few trciks at the end of the video. Hope this helped.

What about the pet 2.0? isnt that what u get when bying the million dollar knot? and doesnt the wax come with it?

Feb 21, 2008
Also, if you are looking for effects you can do with loops, Ellusionist's Guerilla Guide to Loops is a great starting point.

Yigal Mesika's Animated miracles book is a good starting point. It costs around 15$ and contains some of the greatest effects which you can accomplish with loops. But it's up to you if you wanna spend 50 bucks to learn "the most cool and awesome 'street magic' from ellusionist."

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
you can get mesika loops at penguin as well as ellusionist and i think it's a buck cheaper at penguin. When you buy Mesika Loops it comes with written instrucions for two tricks (haunted deck and something else) and five loops. I also have Guerilla Guide to Loops and I really like it. There is good stuff on all three disks.
If you don't want to spend 8-10 bucks every time for only 5 loops penguin also sells a spool of mesika elastic (100ft) and you can make your own loops. I think the spool is somewhere around $25.

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2007
www.youtube.com
I went to ebay the other day and bought a pack of 50 loops for 25 bucks flat. no charge for shipping. i got it in like three days. You could do this and not have to worry about making em. If you take care of them 50 loops could last you like two years! no joke! And guirella guide to loops from ellusionist is awsome. I bought all three. It is a great collection and it is worth it. Hope this helps!

- Matt

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
so the pet 2.0 on penguin is not as good as the 100 ft mesika loops?
thanks for the answers ;)

Technically, PET 2.0 isn't worse than Mesika's spool, they just have different strengths ad weaknesses. Mesika thread is thicker and more visible, but it can hold more weight. PET 2.0 is more invisible, but it breaks more easily.

David

D

Deleted member 2755

Infinity THread (normally 80, penguin has it for 60) + Million Dollar Knot + nice supply of Magicians Wax + FREE DVD THANKS TO MARCH MADNESS AT PENGUIN MAGIC = 82.50

With the Million Dollar Knot, you learn some really nice effects with loops to get you started. PET isn't the best thread in the world, but I recommend you use it before getting Infinity Thread, however, Penguin is giving you a free DVD if you spend 50 bucks or more. I forgot what DVDs they have up for grabs. It's up to you.

I love loops and I use them on a daily basis. Infinity Thread and the Million Dollar Knot will serve you well. I also highly recommend you do get all 3 loop DVDs if you enjoy loops. Justin Miller's Blank Out and Shadow Reveal is awesome. Daniel Garcia's Life is so much fun. Nathan Kranzo teaches some good advice on loops and teaches a nice rubber band effect and a cool match effect. There are more great effects on all 3 DVDs you'll use. I just said my favorites. I highly recommend it. I'll do a review on each of them soon.

-Doug

Yigal Mesika's Animated miracles book is a good starting point. It costs around 15$ and contains some of the greatest effects which you can accomplish with loops. But it's up to you if you wanna spend 50 bucks to learn "the most cool and awesome 'street magic' from ellusionist."

I didn't want to start an argument by reffering him to one of Ellusionist's products. Some people learn a lot better if they have someone going through it with them step by step.

Dec 23, 2007
Tnx alot for all the fine answers :) i apriciate it!
I became fascinated of loops because you can do really strong miracles with it ! like moving floating pulling things that are barrowed for example!

D

Deleted member 2755

Tnx alot for all the fine answers :) i apriciate it!
I became fascinated of loops because you can do really strong miracles with it ! like moving floating pulling things that are barrowed for example!

I actually have a funny story about loops that happened yesterday. I'll post up my story in a bit. :)

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results