Magi Whirl 2008 and Justin Miller...

Well, first things first. Magi Whirl 2008: Complete success.

All the lectures ROCKED! From Ice McDonald lecturing on the business and ethics to showmanship and "show no-no's", we actually ran over our time! Then Aldo Colombini and Rachael were just sooooo funny....Aldo had to the funniest lecturer I've ever seen to in my life! (and his magic was good too!) Eric Jones...not sure if you guys have heard of him or not. His skills with coins are cards are BY FAR some of the best I've seen in a long while! Super smooth and super classy. With killer presentations to boot! :)

And on another note....well, for those that actually know me, they know that for the most part, I've never been a Justin Miller fan. NEVER. We've had some pretty heated arguments online, and I've always thought he was somewhat self centered to be honest. Well I'll simply say, he's none of those things. I met him yesterday (and he knew exactly who I was too haha) and he completely changed my opinion of him. From being so thankful when someone bought something of his to just performing for us for hours, and even teaching a few of his routines too! There was this older gentlemen there, and Justin taught him step by step one of his coin routines! (for free, I might add). He's just a VERY nice, down to earth kinda guy that enjoys having a good time. He even invited me to the after party with them too! :)

Anyways, Justin, I hope we're cool now? I just thought putting this part in the thread was the right thing to do, since I've criticized you quite a bit with your routine Trans-Fixed (incredible routine that plays SOOOOOO WELL for any situation...really.) Well, I'm off. Yesterday was pretty fun, from all the sessioning we did, to the lectures and the evening Gala Show, to just meeting up with old friends.

Take care y'all!
Steve

Pics taken with cell phone...

#1. Me w/ Justin. I'm about to start laughing so yea...haha.

#2. Me w/ Eric Jones. That guy is insanely nice and just awesome with cards AND coins!!!

853e85e4fd1eam9.jpg

2a720085c972sp4.jpg

D

Deleted member 2755

Sounds like you had a great time! :) Glad you enjoyed yourself, but how about posting this on Justin's actual forum. ;) http://www.closeupjm.com/

Yes he is an awesome guy and very nice. I went to one of his lectures in NY and and got a deck signed by him. :) I also met some people I've been talking to online for a while. Fun night. :D Glad you enjoyed yours.

-Doug

yeah Eric Jones is just tooooo awesome... he is nicknamed Godhand and one can understand why after seeing him do real magic with coins... he is by far one of the smoothest performer i have seen....

Sounds like you had a good time Steve. I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Aldo and Rachel myself and watching his performance. It was one of the funniest things I've seen. I performed my impromptu card to spectator's pocket trick on Aldo and he loved it. He said it was one of the most convincing takes of misdirection he had seen in a long time that really helped me on trusting my skills as a magician and creator. The two of them are great people I think I still have a pic of me and Rachel if I can find it I'll let you know. Justins a terrific magician as we'll even though we don't get along as we'll but I think that will change here soon.

Shane

Sounds like you had a good time Steve. I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Aldo and Rachel myself and watching his performance. It was one of the funniest things I've seen. I performed my impromptu card to spectator's pocket trick on Aldo and he loved it. He said it was one of the most convincing takes of misdirection he had seen in a long time that really helped me on trusting my skills as a magician and creator. The two of them are great people I think I still have a pic of me and Rachel if I can find it I'll let you know. Justins a terrific magician as we'll even though we don't get along as we'll but I think that will change here soon.

Shane

I agree shane.

Also,
Steve has gained my total respect how he came up to me like a man and said what needed to be said.

Much respect bro!

Justin N. Miller

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results