MINOR PROPHET : A Book of Abraham’s

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Prophet Patter for the Poor -- Changing $1’s Into $5’s

Issacson says that the effect has much greater impact with Benny’s and encourages us to get $100’s if we can afford them… Well, I can’t, but it’s still a great effect, so here’s the patter I’ve been using out there. I’m a bit of a wise-guy, it’s been working great for me, mainly because I've been having so much fun with it:

17: (count / spread) Let me show you something with one-dollar bills. Not much you can do with $5 nowadays, you just barely get out of Starbucks with a foo-foo coffee for five-bucks. But wouldn’t it be cool if you could just snap *bill change, count and spread with astonishingly surprised reactions…*

Now, if I could really do this, I’d be rich… Five-dollars at a time… Watch. Just a flick of the wrist.*2nd change back to $1’s*

Spectator: Let me see those bills!!!

17: *folds them up and pockets them* No way, dude… *turns around or preps for the next effect* I’m going to buy myself some coffee …

One spectator asked: Why not change them into Hundreds?

17: It’s a cheap trick!

Anyone else with Minor Prophet Patter, please add to this thread! Great trick people!!! Kudo's to Issacson!

mods: was gonna post this in coin magic thinking it dealt with money but there were no Prophet threads there.

Sep 9, 2007
Yeah. It's a funny patter. I wish I had money to buy Prophet and do this heh.

Last edited by a moderator:

TomIsaacson

theory11 artist
Sounds interesting, a couple other ideas- if they ask you to change them to hundreds you can say

"Last time I changed them into hundreds everyone ran off with them.."

or "hundreds? then the secret service starts to take notice" or "Sorry I'm saving the hundreds for the next hot girl I run into" etc

Or, "sure I'd love to show you, just give me a $500 deposit"

Or just look at them like they are crazy...that sometimes works best

Sounds interesting, a couple other ideas- if they ask you to change them to hundreds you can say

"Last time I changed them into hundreds everyone ran off with them.."

or "hundreds? then the secret service starts to take notice" or "Sorry I'm saving the hundreds for the next hot girl I run into" etc

Or, "sure I'd love to show you, just give me a $500 deposit"

Or just look at them like they are crazy...that sometimes works best

lol i like those. i'm showing my friends at school today. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results