Interesting Magic Facts

Does anyone know any which would be suitible to tell the public? Like some interesting history, or one liner facts... Or anything as such?

I heard David Copperfield was the most paid solo artist in the world... Anyone know anymore, can be about the history, or todays magic...

Sep 1, 2007
I think I read somewhere that Carter actually used to take his tiger for walks in the local neighbourhood! It is described in a (fictional) book, Carter Beats the Devil, but I'm sure I read that this was based on truth.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
do acr with a double backer and tell them this is the trick that fooled hudini
and talk about his challenge

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
here's some random interesting info about playing cards, you could do something with it, just be creative

"Popular legend holds that the composition of a deck of cards has religious, metaphysical, or astronomical significance: typical numerological elements of the explanation are that the four suits represent the four seasons, the 13 cards per suit are the 13 phases of the lunar cycle, black and red are for day and night, the 52 cards of the deck (joker excluded) symbolizes the number of weeks in a year, and finally, if the value of each card is added up — and 1 is added, which is generally explained away as being for a single joker — the result is 365, the number of days in a year. If the other joker is also added, that makes 366 days, the amount of days in a leap year"

Sep 1, 2007
Card College vol 5 has an effect called "history of playing cards" which goes with this theme.

Fact: Criss Angel isn't really magical! I know it's hard to believe at first but....it's true.....

:D

Ok but really, not many people know that Houdini was a pioneer pilot. Given an award for being the first to fly a plane in Australia. Houdini also has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his film career. It is in a prominent spot in front of the famous Chinese Theater.

Anthony Bass

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Erich Weiss (aka Houdini) invented Metamorphosis.

To this day, no one knows exactly how Houdini made a 1,000 pound elephant vanish from the stage of the Hippodrome in 1918.

Houdini starred in several movies including:
The Master Mystery (1919)
The Grim Game (1919)
Terror Island (1920)
The Man From Beyond (1922)
Haldane of the Secret Service (1923)

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I sometimes point out just before doing "the Last Trick of Doctor Jacob Daley" that inventor of following trick died to heart attack just after performing this on stage.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Wow, that's quite freaky!

Yeah, it is. From what I've heard and read, Daley just walked down from a stage, after performing that trick, and a moment later, he got a heart attack. The name of that trick got a double meaning: the last effect on Daley's act, and the last effect he ever performed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results