Criss Angel To Win "Magician of the Decade"?

Oct 28, 2007
he is probably just getting it for his recognition because c'mon criss angel is like a house hold name.

he may not be that great to other magicians but to people at home that don't have the common sense to tell if it is a camera trick think it is amazing.

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
Magician of the decade should be David Blaine. He has shaped the way laymen look at magicians and simple effects like card tricks and coin tricks.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Guys,

Since Criss Angel threads often lead to argument and disrespectful behavior, I just want to remind everyone to be respectful and polite in your opinions of Criss Angel in this thread, as well as any others, ok?

Just a heads up,
TDA

Sep 1, 2007
My heart almost stopped.
I personally don't like Criss Angel, but from as unbiased as I can be (knowing that because I dont like him it'll still be biased) he doesnt deserve it. David Blaine or David Copperfield deserve it. Or someone else. Criss Angel is a guy with a tv show.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
he is probably just getting it for his recognition because c'mon criss angel is like a house hold name.
Yes! Criss Angel has given a magic a lot of popularity, thus helping every single magician who performs on area where his TV shows is running.

he may not be that great to other magicians but to people at home that don't have the common sense to tell if it is a camera trick think it is amazing.

Why it is so, that everytime magician cannot explain a trick on TV, it has to be a camera trick? I don't believe that Criss uses camera editing as a methods for his tricks.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

Actually, most people I know to know that some things are "TV only" but enjoy them anyway. All about entertainment, guys.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Why it is so, that everytime magician cannot explain a trick on TV, it has to be a camera trick? I don't believe that Criss uses camera editing as a methods for his tricks.

Neither do I.

Just because you can't obtain a method for your own personal use, doesn't mean you have to get upset about it. There have been times where I've thought purchasable effects have been "TV only" which just goes to show how anyone can be fooled.

Dec 5, 2007
I think he deservs is.

In the last 10 years he hav had A theater show, soon 4 season of a succesfull tv show and a contract with cirque for 4,600 shows with a huge budget.

Please tell me who has done better?

I cant see why everyone hates him, He is one of the most succesfull magicians ever and lay people does like him and does think hes cool and they do like hes style.

I think we should learn more from him then disslike him.

I see that alot of people goes "Oh its sad that people likes criss angel, alot of people could kick his as with a deck of cards" Yeah sure they could, but please ask that card manipulator to do his whine barrel escape, his in two illusion or his metamorphis they couldn´t. Everyone is good att different things.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
yeah he is much more of a stage magician
he does some street stuff but its largely stage

Mar 26, 2008
Around
If you think that Chris is not using Camera to produce at least some of his effects you are wrong, there are tells that most production magicains notice right away that scream Vid trick. However I do believe he is a good magician, nothing even close to worthy of magician of the decade but he is good.

He interacts with his crowd well and he knows how to sell him self.

I am not a fan of his style nor do enjoy watching him preform, but a lot of people do.

Joe

Nov 3, 2007
Kyrgyzstan
I like Criss ANgel TV shows. But some his triks I dont like.I thing he's cool, but David Copperfield is more COOOOOL for me!!! :)
SO who is magician of the ceтntury or magician of the millennium? :)

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
If you think that Chris is not using Camera to produce at least some of his effects you are wrong, there are tells that most production magicains notice right away that scream Vid trick. However I do believe he is a good magician, nothing even close to worthy of magician of the decade but he is good.

He interacts with his crowd well and he knows how to sell him self.

I am not a fan of his style nor do enjoy watching him preform, but a lot of people do.

Joe

Care to highlight these so-called "screams?" I've seriously been asking for the longest time and NOBODY ever answers the question directly.

Sep 1, 2007
I think he deservs is.

In the last 10 years he hav had A theater show, soon 4 season of a succesfull tv show and a contract with cirque for 4,600 shows with a huge budget.

Please tell me who has done better?

That's why he deserves the price.

Still, I can see why many people hate him.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results