Theory11 Thought

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
What I found fascinating was while the hunt was going on for all the theory11 clues, each and every forum worked together to produce answers first.

Never once have Dan and Dave members come together to compete against Penguin members for glory.

What I found even more fascinating was the night theory11 launched -- for the first time, Cafe members spoke with Ellusionist members. Decknique members had conversations with Genii members. We saw a true melting pot for our 'magic' world.

For me, that's special. In my opinion, the evolution has begun...

Asher

I completely agree, that night in a chat I met people from TheMagicWoods for the first time, magicjj, naquada and such and people shared their stories while we waited. Now seeing all the people on here I've noticed just how diverse this has become. It's my new magic home. I like the Cafe and all but I just like the collective gathering of minds to create deep and innovate discussions which are actually serious with points which are well thought out and not filled with typos or chat speak (uggh). Some of the motivational posts as well are amazing. Like Mitch and others who take a long time typing out all this stuff that has such impact on people it's amazing. I never would've thought I'd find so many people, so diverse in one place to talk about magic. It truly is a revolution.

-RA69

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
As always Lee you always hit the nail on the head everytime. Are you by chance a motivational speaker of some sort? If not I recommend it. I love it when your stuff in your newsletters and by golly i'll be looking foward to it everytime I head to the T11 forums.

Sep 2, 2007
Lee, I hope you're right. There used to be this brotherhood of magicians. I think the Internet has done a great job of segregating magicians.

If anything can bring magicians back together, then I'm all for it. The only way that will work is when magicians young and old work toward common goals and not toward drawing attention to themselves

~E Forum Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
Southern California
Very True.

I've seen names that I recognize from a few different sites (All mentioned above), and none of them seem to care where the other came from.

Everyone is taking part in one thing, and as cliché as it sounds, uniting.

I agree with Goudinov also.

It seems the Internet has segregated what is supposed to be a brotherhood, a partnership, I mean since this opportunity has been given to us to become interested in magic, why should we try and push ourselves away from people who can help further our magic?

brian.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Exactly.

As a mod at TMW, I was in the chat room when we had our theory 11 discussion...

There were 48 people in our chat room.

That is a lot of people talking at once... From each and every forum. From the cafe, to ellusionist, to DnD, etc.

Great stuff,

Keenan

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
You guys are dead on! I am consistently amazed at how nasty the politics within the magic community can get... It's time that changed. We are all artists who are searching for the same thing... It's about time we started acting like it.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Exactly, Wayne! This forum has done that!
Not only has it brought us all together, but the Admin, and the people who run this site have encouraged us to be united and to come together, and discouraged forums bashing on other sites.
For that, I applaud everyone here.

I am completely with Mentalists I dreamed of this for a while that we can come together and hold sacred our secrets among our true inheritance of brotherhood right here. I admit the forums usually seem like a place you say one thing on your mind and their are magicians out there for whatever reason wanting to shoot them down. I say we embrace our brothers and learn from each other. It's in our nature to have our own personalities in whatever we do so we shouldn't fear losing our individuality. I always prided myself on not being a kiss up to the Pro's in forum's but they usually have experiences to share that we can all learn from. I have enjoyed all of you guys each and every single one of you. And I tend to be a long standing member of T11.

Thanks to Wayne and Lee for your thoughts and most of all you guys.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
This was something I thought about after I came from the TMW chat.

A change in the air? Maybe... if we really want it.

Ty

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results