Mentalism Help

Alright so I'm really starting to get interested in mentalism and have a few questions;

I already know to get Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism and was wondering if there were any other recommended books.
I was looking at Luke Jermay's books but some said this one needs previous mentalism knowledge and this and that.

So I would like to hear if anyone would recommend books on mentalism (other than 13 steps) that are for beginners.

Thanks,

~PaCo

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Luke Jermay's work is great but a lot of people get deterred by most magicians because it is not always going to work. With that being said i would go for 3510 because there is so much more than the routines in it most of the information I have taken from the book was the first few chapters about presentation. If you like that then I would pick up Building Blocks afterwards and learn about Luke's ideas on suggestion.

Personally I would defiantly get 13 Steps and Banachek's Psychological Subtleties 2, Then as soon as it gets reprinted later this year pick up Psychological Subtleties 1.

The most important thing I suggest is that when you read the books even though there are complete routines included they are only a small value of the books. Read all about the theory first because you can appreciate the routines more and then you will be more likely to create your own powerful routines.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
13 Steps is great, so you're on the right track there.

Personally, I learnt a lot from Banachek's Psi Series, they're great and I have no hesitation in reccommending them to anyone interested in mentalism. If you're into metal bending and whatnot, there's some good stuff in the Psi Series, but if you want to learn the full routine you should pick up Psychokinetic Silverware - though, that's somewhat more advanced.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I think you should start studying 13 steps to get a picture what mentalism really is. I got interested in mentalism a while ago, and I started with Banachek's book. It is a great book, but after that, I had a very limited knowledge of methodology of mentalism.
Also, mentalism is all about presentation, so I would recommend that you start doing simple mind reading revelations of chosen cards. Experiment with serious mind reading presentations, psychological presentations, and find your style.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results