Need help with Superflip by Ben Harris

Sep 1, 2007
For anyone who does the Superflip change, I'm having problems with it. Everytime I do the change the cards doesn't land square with the deck, but at an angle.

Also, the card turns over very slow in mid air. Any ways to make it flip over faster?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
is this the move used in tivo transpo?
im having problems with it as well
its not nearly as reliable as i would like it to be
is it possible to get to be perfect 100% of the time?

Sep 1, 2007
For anyone who does the Superflip change, I'm having problems with it. Everytime I do the change the cards doesn't land square with the deck, but at an angle.

Also, the card turns over very slow in mid air. Any ways to make it flip over faster?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

The change is knacky but is nowhere near the difficulty of the duck change. If you watch the Tivo Video, you will see that the deceptiveness of the change comes from the fluidity of the movement (the cards cascading and the final card changing). To make it change horizontally (and have it land square and not at an angle) you have to release both thumb and middle finger at the same time. If it still lands angled, tried skewing the deck a bit so it matches the angle of the cards. To make it change faster I "hit" the card to be changed with my index finger. Not just apply pressure with it, but actually hit the card with a bit of force (you'll have to play with this) to cause the change.

is this the move used in tivo transpo?
im having problems with it as well
its not nearly as reliable as i would like it to be
is it possible to get to be perfect 100% of the time?

Yes, it is possible to have it perfect after practice. I will say this, it takes a bit of time to get the feel for the cards right before the change (as in how many you are holding). But after that you should be ok. Read my recommendations above, and hopefully your superflip can become more reliable.

Any more questions let me know.

Juan

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
well speaking of which
i dont think the change is _at all_ deceptive
you can see exactly what is happening
there slight deception from the misdirection of the super quick reveal of the second card
but i think its a pretty weak move all in all

Sep 1, 2007
well speaking of which
i dont think the change is _at all_ deceptive
you can see exactly what is happening
there slight deception from the misdirection of the super quick reveal of the second card
but i think its a pretty weak move all in all

The deception, as I stated above, is on the cascade of cards. The superflip is not intended to be used on its own. Most people just see it as a flip, but if you do the cascade of cards and are good enough where the cards just flow, then the flip just blends in and it looks awesome. I use the duck change also quite a bit (the technique is way different from the superflip) but I like both equally.

Sep 1, 2007
The change is knacky but is nowhere near the difficulty of the duck change. If you watch the Tivo Video, you will see that the deceptiveness of the change comes from the fluidity of the movement (the cards cascading and the final card changing). To make it change horizontally (and have it land square and not at an angle) you have to release both thumb and middle finger at the same time. If it still lands angled, tried skewing the deck a bit so it matches the angle of the cards. To make it change faster I "hit" the card to be changed with my index finger. Not just apply pressure with it, but actually hit the card with a bit of force (you'll have to play with this) to cause the change.
Juan

Thanks man. I appreciate the help.

Funnily, I find the duck change much easier than the superflip

Another thing that occurs to me is that sometimes the double turns end for end, instead of turning sideways.

i use the duck change. so much better
I use the duck change, but personally, I think the Superflip looks the best when used in Tivo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results