• Brainwave Deck

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Brain Wave Hands Down, I mean you can even dress up an invisible to eliminate all the thought or assumption of sleight of hand as well. I made an invisible deck with half blanks that i drew card faces and pips on to make it look cartoony, so then pretty much you end up with two different effect depending on which card they choose. And if you think you will see why this could be better than Standard Invisible Deck.

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Memento is basically without going into details a deck that reveals that you could predict any card a person named. I just don't think it is direct enough to have the same impact as an I.D. or Brainwave. It is a cool effect but just not on the same level.

Feb 28, 2008
The Invisible Deck was one of my first tricks I learned so I choose that for sentimentality alone.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I like Invisible Deck more than Brainwave deck, because the card is found face down from the deck, so it allows more dramatic buildup.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I used to love the invisible deck, but now I don't use it because it is way to popular. A lot of magicians use it, so it is very likely that a laymen has already seen the trick and some laymen actually know what it is and how it works.

Memento is basically without going into details a deck that reveals that you could predict any card a person named. I just don't think it is direct enough to have the same impact as an I.D. or Brainwave. It is a cool effect but just not on the same level.

You do have a point, it isn't very direct most of the time. But Memento relies so much on the patter and presentation build up behind it, there are so many ways to do it. I can't go into any detail because I would be exposing parts of Daniel Madison's Identity, but there are variations that to me are better than the original trick and can be very amazing.

Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
invisible deck. because if they ask you to repeat it, you can turn you back and "turn" over another card. but with brainwave you cant repeat it because you have to tell them that i need another red card as a prediction...i dont own momento, i dont even know what that is...

Oct 6, 2007
i think the ID is actually better then the Brainwave.

The fact that the card is a different color acheives the same effect as it being face down in a face up deck.

It's almost an anti climax....if you ahve 2 big climaxes in this trick, it could abckfire and be TOO impossiblew to be true, or one of the climaxes would have no effect if they acheive the same thing.

Also, as someone said, the ID has more buildup- therefore, more suspicion so more MAGIC!

Oct 24, 2007
Well, I just received Memento yesterday and I have to say, it's pretty cool! So, I picked Memento, just by the reactions I got with it yesterday. Peace!

Tyler

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Well brainwave just reinforces that there is no sleight of hand used. With the ID no matter what sometimes people ask me how I flipped it so fast. With BW that is taken out of the equation because not only is it face up but also a different color. But what I also do is a sankey handling of the ID where he puts X's on one side of the Invisible Deck, I is AMAZAING.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results