Question for the Staff.

Well, I'm not sure as to what you mean, but from what I gather you want to know how to become a staff, or just generally involved?

If it's the latter, then I just suggest getting active, helping out people, making some material, and most importantly performing magic and gathering wisdom I suppose. Maybe even film some videos and add them to the media section.

That's my spur on it..

Well, I'm not sure as to what you mean, but from what I gather you want to know how to become a staff, or just generally involved?

If it's the latter, then I just suggest getting active, helping out people, making some material, and most importantly performing magic and gathering wisdom I suppose. Maybe even film some videos and add them to the media section.

That's my spur on it..

How to become a staff. I gaurentee one of us has the potentiol. Who else wanst to know what it takes?

I think the idea of becoming part of the staff is a little out of reach. The main idea is they have well known names and the experience we want to learn from whereas, we don't really know you all that well. So I think Theory 11 is a little bit of a no no in that area.

I think the idea of becoming part of the staff is a little out of reach. The main idea is they have well known names and the experience we want to learn from whereas, we don't really know you all that well. So I think Theory 11 is a little bit of a no no in that area.

Who says none of us have the potential or talent though? Thats what I'm saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
No question is stupid.

Here's my view on it. These magicians who started Theory 11 put their sweat, blood, and tears into the site. They are the founders of Theory 11, it's their "baby". They put so much hard work into it that maybe the just don't want to bring anyone into it yet.

Also, the Theory 11 staff have shown what their capable over the years. It's not like they just came out of no where. They are well known and well respected magicians. Their magic comes first and always has, they have so much knowledge in the art and that is why they're here.

Mitchell

I never said you didn't have potential. I'm just saying this a site we come to because of the respected names here and that's why they made this site; So we could come to a place where we know there are trusted names.

So why cant anyone else become respected. Just because they arent know yet doesnt mean they cant be a respected name in magic. I never said i had the potentiol either, i said that at least one of us prob does

So why cant anyone else become respected. Just because they arent know yet doesnt mean they cant be a respected name in magic. I never said i had the potentiol either, i said that at least one of us prob does

I can see your point, but I don't think it is just about having potential. Someone on here could have the potential to take the world by storm in ten years time, with the most breathtaking magic anyone has ever seen, but they are not right for this site.

Wayne, Jon and the others have worked their own arses off getting this perfect, and are still doin everything they can to make everybody happy.

I'm not sure they would be happy just electing somebody from the forums to be a member of staff.

By all means, ask one of the guys, but that's just my thoughts.

:)

I can see your point, but I don't think it is just about having potential. Someone on here could have the potential to take the world by storm in ten years time, with the most breathtaking magic anyone has ever seen, but they are not right for this site.

Wayne, Jon and the others have worked their own arses off getting this perfect, and are still doin everything they can to make everybody happy.

I'm not sure they would be happy just electing somebody from the forums to be a member of staff.

By all means, ask one of the guys, but that's just my thoughts.

:)

I definitely agree. To expand your point; most of these guys are buddies and quite a few are close friends.

Theory 11 is not theory 12, or theory 11+X

It's theory 11. These friends have probably had this vision for a long time, the history of this community is in their blood.

Also, anyone who has had enough experience, time performing, wisdom, created and marketed tricks, etc. probably has no desire to become a STAFF of this community.

My $00.02

Actually, I think just like any forum (if you want modship, VIP status etc) that you have to just keep being an active member, be helpful, be nice, Try to prove you have some experience in the field of _____ (whatever it is the subject of the forum is) and they will choose you.

Aug 30, 2007
What it takes to become a part of Theory 11 is a broad question and the answer depends on how you define becoming a part of Theory 11.

If the question is just, "How can I be involved in Theory 11?" I would say that you already are. We're not kidding about the whole community thing. This project has always had the ambition to evolve based upon the creative ideas and suggestions that are born in these forums.

For example, some of the clues in the whatistheory11.com thing, came from the suggestions of people on forums like themagiccafe.com, decknique.net, and dananddave.com. I remember getting more than one phone call from members of our staff saying, "You're not going to believe what someone just suggested. It's a great idea." And then, we'd try to fit it into one of the next clues. None of us are stupid enough to think that we're the only ones who have good ideas and that fact, I believe, is why this community really does have the chance to do something great for our art.

Now, since I don't imagine that is the level of involvement this thread is referring to (though I thought I'd mention it because I don't feel that it should be undervalued), I'll offer a few more thoughts.

The next obvious level of involvement that I see would be being a moderator on these forums. We're actively watching posts to give us some idea of who would be a good mod (already, a few of you are beginning to stand out), but it will take a while before we get there, so my advice would be to be patient. This is a brand new site and we're still in the streamlining process making sure that everything works like it's supposed to. Examples of things we're looking for in a mod are intelligent, constructive posts. Examples of things that we're not looking for are posts like, "You're a f***ing moron! I am shocked and appalled that a human could type such a f***ing retarded statement without dying instantly on f***ing principle alone! F***, F***, F*** YOU!!! LOL, ROTFLMAO, BRB MoF***as!!! Word to your motha!" Not so good.

Another level of involvement would be submitting an original effect. If you've got something that you'd like us to consider, please click the "Submit A Trick" link at the bottom of the page for details. It's not just established artists that come up with brilliant new effects and routines. We know that. Every artist we work with had to start somewhere. We accept effects based on their value, not the name attached to them.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Dana

What it takes to become a part of Theory 11 is a broad question and the answer depends on how you define becoming a part of Theory 11.

If the question is just, "How can I be involved in Theory 11?" I would say that you already are. We're not kidding about the whole community thing. This project has always had the ambition to evolve based upon the creative ideas and suggestions that are born in these forums.

For example, some of the clues in the whatistheory11.com thing, came from the suggestions of people on forums like themagiccafe.com, decknique.net, and dananddave.com. I remember getting more than one phone call from members of our staff saying, "You're not going to believe what someone just suggested. It's a great idea." And then, we'd try to fit it into one of the next clues. None of us are stupid enough to think that we're the only ones who have good ideas and that fact, I believe, is why this community really does have the chance to do something great for our art.

Now, since I don't imagine that is the level of involvement this thread is referring to (though I thought I'd mention it because I don't feel that it should be undervalued), I'll offer a few more thoughts.

The next obvious level of involvement that I see would be being a moderator on these forums. We're actively watching posts to give us some idea of who would be a good mod (already, a few of you are beginning to stand out), but it will take a while before we get there, so my advice would be to be patient. This is a brand new site and we're still in the streamlining process making sure that everything works like it's supposed to. Examples of things we're looking for in a mod are intelligent, constructive posts. Examples of things that we're not looking for are posts like, "You're a f***ing moron! I am shocked and appalled that a human could type such a f***ing retarded statement without dying instantly on f***ing principle alone! F***, F***, F*** YOU!!! LOL, ROTFLMAO, BRB MoF***as!!! Word to your motha!" Not so good.

Another level of involvement would be submitting an original effect. If you've got something that you'd like us to consider, please click the "Submit A Trick" link at the bottom of the page for details. It's not just established artists that come up with brilliant new effects and routines. We know that. Every artist we work with had to start somewhere. We accept effects based on their value, not the name attached to them.

Dana

Yea that cleared it all up man. If you have time check out the created tricks thread as well as the coin and card section. I have a few things I've created and if you could check them out and give me some feedback on how to improve them that would be awsome man.

Dana

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results