David Blaine :: Split Spade : The Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I like the idea of custom decks and I appreciate that there are always new ones coming out so that it is possible to be diverse or to fit a deck to your style. Its not like you have to buy them. I do find it kind of amusing that every new deck that comes out is apparently "perfect," I'm not trying to throw out insults, just commenting on the coincidence.

Feb 2, 2008
I am not against new decks per se. Anyone can print any decks they like, and no one is obliged to buy them.

But I am against the marketing BS, that comes with each and everyone of these new decks. They are 'special', 'of remarkable quality', 'phenomenal', 'made to last', 'you can cut cheese with these cards', 'perfect cards ever invented', 'high impact', 'exceptional', 'on steroids', even 'sexy'.

I mean, come on? Why don't just go out and say, here, we made this new cards, they are just like regular bicycles, but with different design, we hope you'll like them? I wouldn't have any problem with that.

Vastago

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Mexico
J.R... I think you are being rude to the t11 crew...

Most of that types of comments have been used by E.

Feb 11, 2008
I'm 101% sure now that there are at least 4 hidden links around here to see more images of the decks. Look close, thyre not too difficult to find if you follow it all the way to the end...

rkstr

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
i don't like scavenger hunts.. i think they're kind of pointless.. you don't win anything.. do you? and even if you did, I personally don't have time to sit there for hours and look for them.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
meh, I think some of you are being a tad oversensitive.

It's a new deck with a new design. I assume the quality is good-excellent (we all know that all decks are not equal in this area).

I enjoy messing around with a new deck. I don't use them in my shows, but I personally think they are fun. And at $5 instead of a $4 bicycle deck, one cannot say that is "outrageous". oooo a whole dollar more. (granted there is shipping involved- to be expected)

I will look forward to seeing these new decks, but I'll wait for the 2nd edition....:p

j

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
i don't like scavenger hunts.. i think they're kind of pointless.. you don't win anything.. do you? and even if you did, I personally don't have time to sit there for hours and look for them.

it took me like 15 minutes
i looked at the sourcecode behind the website
and then at the sourcecode behind the flash video
:)
i did however spend 10 minutes after that typing in different urls other than _spades_king

Feb 11, 2008
Everything I've found has been without leaving the theory11 site. It's not too difficult to find the hidden link
if you read things all the way to the end. ; )

Some amazing imags. This is the coolest Ace of Spades design I've ever seen.

rkstr

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
meh, I think some of you are being a tad oversensitive.

It's a new deck with a new design. I assume the quality is good-excellent (we all know that all decks are not equal in this area).

I enjoy messing around with a new deck. I don't use them in my shows, but I personally think they are fun. And at $5 instead of a $4 bicycle deck, one cannot say that is "outrageous". oooo a whole dollar more. (granted there is shipping involved- to be expected)

I will look forward to seeing these new decks, but I'll wait for the 2nd edition....:p

j

if you are getting 4 dollar bicycles then thats a shame
they are literally a dollar each at costco (if you have a membership)
and if you dont you can get them at penguin magic
free shipping
one for 3 dollars
from 4 to 5 isnt a lot
thats a 25% price increase
but from 3 to 5 is a 67% increase
which is crazy

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are not more expensive, (I totally get my decks from Costco too).
I'm just trying to point out that they are a (quality?) novelty item, that (especially from a business standpoint) can cost more than a regular deck because of their novelty.
It's like buying a pair of jeans. Ya you can go to wal-mart and buy Wranglers in bulk to save money. But you can also go somewhere and buy a pair that look cooler to you and may even be a better quality - for more money.
(then of course you can buy jerry's nuggets which may or may not be better cards, and that would be like buying Diesel jeans... ;))
Hope that makes sense.

j

Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
i know T11 is gonna sell the decks a couple weeks before public release, and i know its a limited supple, but once the limited supply is done, wil T11 keep selling the decks?

Mar 12, 2008
It's part of the hunt to find the hidden links on your own. You really shouldn't post the direct link on the forum but, hints and tips are allowed for sure.

Can't wait, I just saw the preview now looks crazy.

-RA69

ok but please, please post tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results