Future SNC Topics

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Actually - this is a great question! What would you guys like to see out of the SNC's? We've been doing them for months now - some have been fun and light hearted, some have been serious, and others have been completely random. What have you guys enjoyed? What would you like to see more of? Do any of you have any specific suggestions that you'd like to see for the SNC?

Great question jackofclubs002.

Sep 1, 2007
I like the caption ones. Those are the ones where everybody has a fair chance. Lots of people, including me, can't afford a camera, so we're stuck sometimes.

I'm hoping tonights prize will be some lions, that would be SWEET!

Personally I liked the Daniel Madison video parody the best. I found that to be the most challenging since you had a limited amount of time to shoot a funny/Daniel Madison-esque video. They were also incredibly funny to watch.

I also enjoyed the one where you had in incorporate "11" into your photo. There was a lot of intricate, and just plain outstanding submissions.

Those have been my 2 favourite so far.

-RA69

Hmm... a T11 in general parody?

That'd be great (have to be an early announced one due to the time it will take to make one) but I don't have anyone who would play parts so I'd have to act every part and I'm not cross-dressing. Also I don't have a video camera ( that works properly :rolleyes: )

Regardless that contest, if ever done, will be a fun one :D

I'll sell my script/ideas since I can't do it :p

Nov 17, 2007
I like the ones where we have to make something out of cards. Like Crazy cuts, and Special Occasion. I think they are fun to do and really bring out creativity in everyone. I also like seeing everyone's submissions.

A video contest is also great. Just as long as showing your face isn't required like in "look alike contests". I don't like showing my face on the web. But, like a short flourish video or something would be great. =)

BTW, I LOVE these contests so much. They are what I look forward to all week. =) Please keep them going. =)

Sep 1, 2007
I've said this millions of times that I think we need to get away from the webcams and out performing for real people.

Maybe for a future competition, you could have us upload an unedited video of a performance for somebody. Some sort of showmanship competition. Granted, it may take a bit longer than just uploading a photo, but I think it would really push the idea of this being an art in which we perform.

And quite frankly, I think performing for a live audience is a damn fine load o' fun.

Just my 2 cents.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I think to be the most fair, it would have to be a contest where EVERYONE can participate. That means NO videos and NO photoshopping contests.

I would love to participate in another creative contest, like the Christmas ornament one.

We've done the photo caption thing too many times.

I too would like to have one where I could win :).

Jan 23, 2008
I think to be the most fair, it would have to be a contest where EVERYONE can participate. That means NO videos and NO photoshopping contests.

I would love to participate in another creative contest, like the Christmas ornament one.

We've done the photo caption thing too many times.

I too would like to have one where I could win :).

I disagree I would want more video and photoshop contests if you don't have a camera/camcorder than I bet someone in your neighborhood does that will let you borrow it and JB has site on the internet that do the stuff that photoshop does lol

Oct 19, 2007
Next SNC idea

i had an idea what if next SNC would be to make a playing card Design:D of course i think they would give use a whole day to make one instead of posting it like around 6:00 pm but i think everyone could make like 2 card designs and take a pic of ur drawings and post the up :) so wat do u think of that?

I don't really know. How about the contests that I DON'T want?

Don't take this personally. I love all contests on Theory11 and glad that the crew takes the time to host them.

Still, I'm not too into the following:

- Videos: Not the best idea, and for the folks who live in the dark it can be hard to do this.
- Contests with a time frame: Contests that require the first person to do so and so aren't so cool.
- Any contest that has been repeated several times, recently.

Thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results