Cards - How long do they last?

Apr 12, 2008
Hey, I was wondering, how long does a deck of cards last?

I'm currently using bikes and the only way I can get them is by ordering them online (I live in Norway), so im kinda curious how often do you guys have to get a new deck? And how do you know when to change your deck?

Sep 1, 2007
For me, every single deck lasts till infinity. Bicycles or Tallys are still good for fanning after months, Wynns lump badly, but you still can use them for cuts, at least me does. Don't know why everybody has such a high wastage of decks, every single of mine is holy.

Oh and for your second question, "how do you know when to change your deck", I read that when the cards lump with 10-20 cards they are worn.

For me, every single deck lasts till infinity. Bicycles or Tallys are still good for fanning after months, Wynns lump badly, but you still can use them for cuts, at least me does. Don't know why everybody has such a high wastage of decks, every single of mine is holy.

Oh and for your second question, "how do you know when to change your deck", I read that when the cards lump with 10-20 cards they are worn.

Same here, all my decks I still have.
Still have my first red bike, it looks like an 1800 Vintage only real :D
That I wore out in days, now my decks are all in manageable shape...except my stripper, missing tons of cards.

Typically cards can last forever, just wash your hands, don't drop the cards (or try) and they will go the distance.

~PaCo

Sep 1, 2007
Same here, all my decks I still have.
Still have my first red bike, it looks like an 1800 Vintage only real :D
That I wore out in days, now my decks are all in manageable shape...except my stripper, missing tons of cards.

Typically cards can last forever, just wash your hands, don't drop the cards (or try) and they will go the distance.

~PaCo

Well I even say that without washing hands and dropping cards they hold very long for me. Just give used decks a break of several weeks and they are pretty good again, not totally new, but there is probably no need of buying new ones. The only negative point about them is that they look dirty, obviously, but they all work great for cuts, I mean what the hell guys.

Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
---regular bikes - 3-4 weeks, but after the 2nd week, every card is signed adn theres an X in the back

---tallys - 1-2 months

---ghost - 6 months

---B tiger - 5 months

---SM - 5 months

---Masters - 6 months

---Gemacos - 1-2 weeks (every card is signed)

---Tally ho viper - FOREVER

---guardians - 3 - 4 months (with clean hands)

---centurions - 3-4 months (with clean hands)

*i consider a deck messed up whenever cards start to clump together and the sides get all black. but i never throw a deck away (duplicates, TnR, cant to pocket or wallet)

my favorite decks are guardians and vipers...

Apr 8, 2008
---regular bikes - 3-4 weeks, but after the 2nd week, every card is signed adn theres an X in the back

---tallys - 1-2 months

---ghost - 6 months

---B tiger - 5 months

---SM - 5 months

---Masters - 6 months

---Gemacos - 1-2 weeks (every card is signed)

---Tally ho viper - FOREVER

---guardians - 3 - 4 months (with clean hands)

---centurions - 3-4 months (with clean hands)

*i consider a deck messed up whenever cards start to clump together and the sides get all black. but i never throw a deck away (duplicates, TnR, cant to pocket or wallet)

my favorite decks are guardians and vipers...

my tally ho viper is in horrible condition right now :( i cant even fan them nicely!

my bikes last 2-3 weeks, but i only use bikes, so yeah, i dont really know how other cards work :S i want to get some tally-hos, but i dont want to order them online

i use all my old cards for Sankey's paperclipped, tnr, or something else =P (throwing cards, like ninjas! :D)

im getting 1 guardians and 1 centurions. and 3 wynns. i'm going to rarely touch them just because they are nicer cards. i made a big mistake using my tiger deck from ellusionist for a week in public. luckily, i have two decks, and one is not as bad as the other.

i used one deck today, from not too new, and now the edges are really dirty. i was practicing the whole day today =P my stupid sweaty hands... ONLY do i get sweaty hands when i'm practicing magic tricks/flourishes. sigh....

4-5 days on average doesn't matter what deck it is for me. This is if I use a deck straight without switching it out for practice or performance. I extend usage by separating what decks I use for performances and what decks I use for just practice. Cheap cards for practice, expensive cards for performance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results