Covered Backslip Force Honest Review

Mar 3, 2008
This is my first Theory11 review...

DOWNLOAD

It took about 7 minutes to download and the video was 11 minutes long.

QUALITY

like always the video quality was very good and clear

THE MUSIC

The music was the only good thing about the video and it was very different than usual ( in a VERY good way)

THE FORCE

I personally will never use this force and I am very disappointed that I bought it because I usually am very pleased with everything on this site but this just didn't do it for me.:mad: Sorry Theory11 but I don't like this one.

OVERALL

Didn't like the move. 6/10 at most

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 17, 2007
Yeah. I agree with aftersh0ck. Is it similar to the standard backslip force? Why is it so bad?

Sep 1, 2007
I actually liked this one and I think it's very slick. Aaron uses the "gravity" technique again just like for the half-pass. Not a bad dl if you ask me.

Feb 2, 2008
This is what Theory11 has promised: "It's our goal to deliver only the most effective, hard hitting magic to you, the magician. If it's "sorta cool," we won't sell it."

Now I wonder how does a backslip force qualify as "most effective, hard hitting magic"? It seems to be just another one of the 40+ ways to force a card. If there is any force that deserves to be learned by every magician, that's the good old classic force. Nothing revolutionary about it, yet David Blaine built some of his best tricks ever on this move.

Mar 3, 2008
The reason I would never use it is because... I like forces where they can shuffle the deck, then I peek at the top card and do a force. this one you cant. Its like a poorly 'improved', tougher backslip . And personally I would rather use the regular backslip and cough or something to hide the noise...

Personally, I loved it. I'd even go as far to say "a magican fooler" with the right patter. You can say, "watch the top card, it will never leave the top of the deck and see where i cut - exactly where you said stop." It's so simple to get any card into position also with any control. And if you want to know an easy method for peeking the particular card you need for this force PM me. I've even used it as a reveal already and look forward to using it as a very convincing conrtol. - If there's anyone who's purchased this and wants any help/ideas for a reveal or control feel free to PM me too.

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
This is what Theory11 has promised: "It's our goal to deliver only the most effective, hard hitting magic to you, the magician. If it's "sorta cool," we won't sell it."

Now I wonder how does a backslip force qualify as "most effective, hard hitting magic"? It seems to be just another one of the 40+ ways to force a card. If there is any force that deserves to be learned by every magician, that's the good old classic force. Nothing revolutionary about it, yet David Blaine built some of his best tricks ever on this move.

How does an invisible force qualify as effective ?

Are you joking ?

You even said yourself that DB some of his best tricks ever with a classic force. A force is a force to a layperson

So how does using an invisible force to do some of the most amazing miracles around qualify as hard hitting magic ?

If you aren't that creative then that's just your problem.

I know I will be using this, ESPECIALLY on magicians, it's a real magician fooler as quick trick pointed out.

I know I will be using this, ESPECIALLY on magicians, it's a real magician fooler as quick trick pointed out.

Sorry I know this is irrelevant to the topic, but this is the first time someone's sided with my opinion in a topic. Cheers.

And seriously, if you can't use this move, I'd love to know a better force in a riffle force situation.

Feb 2, 2008
Sorry I know this is irrelevant to the topic, but this is the first time someone's sided with my opinion in a topic. Cheers.

And seriously, if you can't use this move, I'd love to know a better force in a riffle force situation.
The best force in a riffle force situation is the standard riffle force (the one where you force the card at the break). I am not joking. Cyril Takayama uses this force all the time for his tricks (he rarely uses the classic force) and he is always surrounded by watchful spectators and high definition cameras. I will always go with the choice of a real life performer, especially of the rank of Cyril, rather than with the next new cool magician fooler on a magic selling website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
The best force in a riffle force situation is the standard riffle force (the one where you force the card at the break). I am not joking. Cyril Takayama uses this force all the time for his tricks (he rarely uses the classic force) and he is always surrounded by watchful spectators and high definition cameras. I will always go with the choice of a real life performer, especially of the rank of Cyril, rather than with the next new cool magician fooler on a magic selling website.

There is no BEST force. That is your problem, you think that. The best force is whatever you can pull off cleanly and undetectably. Hey, if I have to choose between a force that would work on both laypeople and magicians or one that magicians obviously know and fools a layperson all the same, I know what I will be taking. One with added benfits to it. Since I perform often to magicians it is a big deal.

Dont mean to argue, I just don't want people to not purchase this awesome force because a couple of people jump on it unneccessarily.

I think it matters, simply because with different forces spectator selects the card different way. And yes, that matters.

If you can get a spectator to believe they had a free choice of card, then so be it, classic or hindu force, cull or classic. It shouldn't make a difference how the cards go by the fingers or how you show them. Your job is to give them that ease at mind, however you do it, just as long as you do it.

Also at Josh Clarke, bad wording, agreed. But Im glad you got my drift :)

This isn't sold as a "magician fooler," it's just smart enough to be one. I can actually think of countless ways to use this move now. It's a great move for when people are burning the deck. I have some muggle (non-magic folk for all those non HP fans) friends who are quite smart and are used to seeing sleight of hand like some other lay-people are. And when you feel you're in one of these situations, these moves are invaluble.

So open your minds. Like I said before, it can be used as a reveal, a force and a control - as the standard riffle force can be. But this one's invisible - to everyone.

I'm not gonna use it for EVERY force I do, but it's an awesome wepon in you're invisible sleight arsenal.

Trust me, it's worth $5...and the practice. Make sure you practice it!

This isn't sold as a "magician fooler," it's just smart enough to be one. I can actually think of countless ways to use this move now. It's a great move for when people are burning the deck. I have some muggle (non-magic folk for all those non HP fans) friends who are quite smart and are used to seeing sleight of hand like some other lay-people are. And when you feel you're in one of these situations, these moves are invaluble.

So open your minds. Like I said before, it can be used as a reveal, a force and a control - as the standard riffle force can be. But this one's invisible - to everyone.

I'm not gonna use it for EVERY force I do, but it's an awesome wepon in you're invisible sleight arsenal.

Trust me, it's worth $5...and the practice. Make sure you practice it!
Thats true, its a really good force... im pretty sure im going to make it the slieght i use most of the time now. And like others have said it could be used as a magician fooler(unless of course the magician you are trying to fool bought the 1on1).

Aug 31, 2007
I think this is a very good force. I like it a lot. It's not self-working easy, but it's not difficult at all. I'll be using it.

Oct 6, 2007
If you can get a spectator to believe they had a free choice of card, then so be it, classic or hindu force, cull or classic. It shouldn't make a difference how the cards go by the fingers or how you show them. Your job is to give them that ease at mind, however you do it, just as long as you do it.

I dont agree..

If you had a specatator pick a card in the weirdest and most non-sensical way, they would obviously think something is not right.

Your job witha force to is make them believe that they can truly pick ANY card, whichleads me to believe that the Class Force is indeed, one of the most EFFECTIVE and CONVINCING card forces. No force is the BEST as you said.

Sep 1, 2007
do you guys realize that on "the learned pig" (google it, it's a website)

they have hundreds of free magic books... and you're paying $5 for a backslip force?

for example, one of the free books on that website is called 200 ways to force a card

yes that's TWO HUNDRED forces for zero dollars, compared to one (simple) force for $5... you guys theory11 is in no way providing the "hard hitting, strongest magic" they are giving you the BASICS and laughing all the way to the bank!

are we all illiterate here, or have some of you kids even TRIED reading a single magic book? you might surprise yourself!

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
I dont agree..

If you had a specatator pick a card in the weirdest and most non-sensical way, they would obviously think something is not right.

Your job witha force to is make them believe that they can truly pick ANY card, whichleads me to believe that the Class Force is indeed, one of the most EFFECTIVE and CONVINCING card forces. No force is the BEST as you said.

I agree, thats why I said get them to think they had a FREE choice. You just dont expect people to come along and take you so literally. Also note how I listed 4 very normal forces of cards after that. Please use some common sense and don't nit pick :)

Oh and Trashman, people taking the "better than thou" approach on a forum is just so stupid. Grow up

Apr 24, 2008
I think this is a pretty clever force, but so much cover? Your hand is covering so much of the deck. I think I will stay with riffle force, but I might use this force. I am going to go watch the instructional again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results