Another, That's Right, ANOTHER TiVo 2.0 Performance

Jan 29, 2008
MPLS, MN
www.maydey.com
I figured I'd get that the patter I used is almost dead on dan&dave. I don't see why most people have a problem with this. I mean, dan&dave's patter is direct and to the point. I don't want to go in a direction that either a) is confusing or b) sounds "magical". I give absolute credit to every bit of the performance as well.

Feb 2, 2008
I think you should remove it from youtube immediately. That is the most revealing performance of this trick I've seen on youtube. You can clearly see the huge pinky break and the cardini change. Now, don't get me wrong - you get the moves and the patter down perfect, great job, but not the angles. Just shoot it again but watch your angles. Your left hand should cover the break and the deck as the change is done. Just take a look at how the Bucks do it.

Oct 24, 2007
I think you should remove it from youtube immediately. That is the most revealing performance of this trick I've seen on youtube. You can clearly see the huge pinky break and the cardini change. Now, don't get me wrong - you get the moves and the patter down perfect, great job, but not the angles. Just shoot it again but watch your angles. Your left hand should cover the break and the deck as the change is done. Just take a look at how the Bucks do it.

I have to disagree. First, if you think that's the most revealing performance of that trick, then you haven't seen much. ;)

Also, the pinky break doesn't really reveal much. Laymen don't know where the card goes, and they will be looking at the card instead of his finger. As far as magicians go, even when done well (i.e. performance in the Trilogy trailer) it's not that hard of a trick to figure out.

Frankly, I think you're going a little to far. You don't need to remove it Cadillac. Just get some better patter, because even though Dan & Dave's patter is direct, you still need to change it some so you seem different. There are many ways to be direct, you don't have to use their angle. Make it your own. :) Peace!

Tyler

Feb 2, 2008
Also, the pinky break doesn't really reveal much. Laymen don't know where the card goes, and they will be looking at the card instead of his finger. As far as magicians go, even when done well (i.e. performance in the Trilogy trailer) it's not that hard of a trick to figure out.
Tyler
That's not a regular small pinky break you are talking about here. It's huge, and let me tell you - laymen may not know about sleight of hand but they are not blind either. You stick your little finger in there and they see it - you may ruin the effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
sorry about this but MASSIVE FLASH at 00:16, pause and you'll see... and even with tiny flashes in other videos, thats too big to ignore...

Jan 29, 2008
MPLS, MN
www.maydey.com
thanks for all of your feedback, I'm taking down the video due to obvious reasons that you have presented to me. Amateur error on my part not to review the video in all its elements. I will re-film this effect some other time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results