"ok, think of your card, keep saying it over and over in your head"
(you hold her head, move closer)
"keep saying your card over and over, hmm its a red card...."
move closer...
"its a high card..."
then BAM
kiss her and say "dont lie to me hun"

and walk away

itll leave them speechless, and best yet, they will be amazingly attracted to you

(this is speaking for myself, ive done this about 6 times, hasent failed lol)

I did that once and it was the best trick ever lol I just told her to concentrate on her card but to close her eyes she did and bang I kissed her and ever since we been going out so that works lol

Aug 31, 2007
I did that once and it was the best trick ever lol I just told her to concentrate on her card but to close her eyes she did and bang I kissed her and ever since we been going out so that works lol

-cough cough- Anyyyways, on topic. Yeah I've experienced the "that wasn't my card" thing maaaany times. Once I preformed WOW and the spectator said it wasn't their card. They didn't even sign the card when I handed the sharpie to them JUST to give me a hard time. Usually this is all in good fun and they do this because they know it takes a lot of confidence to go up to anyone and preform a trick. Here's some things that I do to avoid the awkward silence after I mess up a trick. First of all, if you KNOW you didn't mess up the trick, keep pressing the spectator until they give in. If you have a stubborn spectator just move on and do another trick. If you really did mess up... then... well... you messed up... and that's that :D

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Man, considering she told you afterwards, and just to you, that you made her day, she was just flirting. The whole "not my card" was just another form of hard to get.

TomIsaacson

theory11 artist
From my experience here's some other things that I've found- In addition to making sure other people see the card; if there is a face down card about to be revealed, I usually make a habit of making them Name their card before its turned over. IE simple changing the card in their hand, you show an indifferent card they say "no that wasn't it..." then you ask "really, what was your card?" That way the effect is clear when they turn the card over.
If they say "you tell me" you can make a joke like "I wish I knew..." and if they believe you didn't know- the stronger the effect is when its changed in their hand. If they are messing with you and name a totally random card, keep going with the revelation in their hand, they will still be startled, and on an offbeat, try and cull the card out and top-change it... As an "after thought" you can change it into the "named" card, or leave it face down and walk away and let them discover it.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Man, considering she told you afterwards, and just to you, that you made her day, she was just flirting. The whole "not my card" was just another form of hard to get.

Or some childish way of flirting... Instead of pulling your hair and kicking you in the nuts, she told it's not her card lol

If that happens ("it's not my card"), you can ask them to name their card. And when they name their imaginary card, you pretend to look trough the deck, cut it to the top, and say "nope, it's not in the deck". In that moment of misdirection and eye contact, palm the card and produce it from anywhere you like. Maybe lean forward, say "wait, hold still", produce it behind her ear and than kiss her lol

Sep 2, 2007
???
As Mr Isaacson said, it makes sense to show the card to multiple people, and to let them name the card first. Always makes for a bigger impact, better showmanship and performance build up.

If you are in the situation of a one on one performance (say to someone who could give you a booking, or of high importance) and they decide to heckle you this way there are two approaches.

1) Carry on as normal (arguing is not always helpful, as in fact you may have inadvertently gone wrong)

2) Use some form of an out.

The second option is rather nice, as it allows you to impress that one person even more, which may be good for business. It also works if in fact you made in mistake of some sort in your trick/routine.

The two outs I use that have fast and a quick effect are

Third Degree Burn
Kolossal Killer

Sep 2, 2007
The 'show it to everyone' doesn;t always work. especially in a group of five plus. (I'm talking abotu high school. And if you do a trick to the 'leader' of the group. ifg they say it's not thier card. everyone else will either agree, or just say nothing.

Sep 2, 2007
???
Magic can be seen as a way to fame and fortune. However the basic foundation of magic is based in entertainment. So Dizzi why perform for people who you realise don't want to be entertained? One shouldn't impose magic on people if they begrudgingly (that is the correct spelling!) accept. If on the other hand they came to watch in order to vex and heckle you, then similarly don't feel like you should perform, and don't be surprised by the outcome.

Save your magic on those who want to see it. Normally someone will approach you, or better still will ask you.

It's not always wise to go around and ask "Do you want to see a trick?"

Dec 28, 2007
This has happend a few times. I either say "yeah right", or just say "it should be. Its the one i gave you".
Take it as a compliment. You obviously fooled the girl and her only way of getting some control of the situation was to do this. What ever you say, be confident.

These are my thoughts...

All this lady was trying to do is cause a scene in front of everyone so you would look like a bad magician.

What does seem strange to me is the fact that after trying to screw you over she told you that you made her day. Maybe she likes you. (wink.Wink)

Maybe you should try to get to know her better and then if you like her ask her out.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
This has happend a few times. I either say "yeah right", or just say "it should be. Its the one i gave you".
Take it as a compliment. You obviously fooled the girl and her only way of getting some control of the situation was to do this. What ever you say, be confident.

That kinda takes away the "free" choice aspect.. assuming you are talking about forcing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results