Coin Magic: Where Should I Start?

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Where should I go, who should I look to, what should I get and who's the who in coin magic? Basically, I want to get started in coin magic and I want to know where to begin. I like the impromptu stuff and with no gimmicks what so ever... (Sorry BJ - I wont be getting Digital Dissolve anytime soon...)

Sep 1, 2007
No doubt about it...Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. Hands down the best place to start to learn coin magic. Even the card guys have this book....

A simple google search will bring it right up for you.

This book comes highly recommended from myself and...well, everyone else...

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
What DW said.

If you have any questions about it, PM me. I've been through that book so many times, I sometimes feel like I could re-write it from memory.

The good thing about it is that you never stop looking in it; it serves as the best REFERENCE for coin magic, as well.

Scott.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I started with Ammar's Complete Introduction to Coin Magic, then bought Bobo's and worked from there.

I've always thought that for coin magic, a visual display of the sleights work best to get you to begin to visualise the timing, angles and retentions.

But, many have used Bobo's as a first source, and it truly is a great book.

I suggest picking up Bobo's and a vid, Ammar or Roth (he has more material, and is probably a better purchase if you have the money). and use both.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Bobo's book is great.

Also if you want a coin trick that hits hard, and one that you can learn and perform in almost no time, go ahead and order Digital Dissolve.

William

i think your doing yourself a disservice to do sothing like digital dissolve as a stand-alone trick, it works so well as a copper silver climax, you can built so much more suspense and wonder out of it.

!!! fantasic idea! will try that ;) im using it with rubinstines sucker copper/silver. my theory is cause the routine is kinda made to look suspicious that when i get to the DD part no answer but pure magic will surrfice

Sep 6, 2007
As said earlier anything you can get by David Roth is an excellent source for learning coin magic. He pretty much resurrected coin magic when he made it on the scene with his excellent palming ability and imperceptible retention vanish

Sep 1, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
i think your doing yourself a disservice to do sothing like digital dissolve as a stand-alone trick, it works so well as a copper silver climax, you can built so much more suspense and wonder out of it.

If in reference to me, I don't use digital disolve as a stand alone trick. I was just simply stating that it is an easy hard hitting coin trick to do.

I have to put another vote in for the 4 DVD set Modern Coin Magic. It is simply outstanding. Enough material in it to keep anyone busy for a year. I got it about 2 years ago and I am still only on the 2nd DVD. The set is very well done and teaches every detail of over 170 slights and tricks. Plus the menu lets you jump to any section on a given DVD easily.

I am a visual learner myself. While I learned some great stuff from David Stone's coin magic DVD's, I felt more confident in performing for people when I learned from Jay Noblezada (In the beginning there were coins). Very thorough with the basics and some good routines in there to get you started. Definately worth the buy.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
No doubt about it...Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. Hands down the best place to start to learn coin magic. Even the card guys have this book....

A simple google search will bring it right up for you.

This book comes highly recommended from myself and...well, everyone else...

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

this is true....start with bobo's...it is the bible of coin magic....i do mostly cards and venture to coins once in a while, and this is the book i use....its great!

Nov 25, 2007
Getting the book!

Hey

Can anyone PM me an ISBN number possibly? I have a friend who would love the book, and I work at a Chapters, so I'm thinking of ordering it. Any of you owners feel like sharing? =)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results