Review :: Split Spades Lions

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I just got my SS from T11 in the mail today, and I've had the chance to play around with them, so here are my thoughts.

Backs
They are very... busy. Maybe a bit too busy for my tastes, but I'm not complaining. There are subtle differences between Lions and the original SS, which include a more detailed lion and the absence of a border around the design.

4/5

Faces
The majority of the court cards are modeled after people in David's life, including himself. his girlfriend, and his mom. I'm not sure who the others are. The redesigned Ace of Spades is very nice looking, and the image inside the spade is both a women and a lion. Check out the product page for a picture. I received a blue deck, so it came with a card that has the back on one side and the box image on the other. I'm trying to figure out an effect I can do with it. Hmm...

5/5

Handling
Cardistry
The cards are a bit slippery at first, but very soft. You barely have to break them in. Nice...

They hold together fairly well, and fans and spreads are nice. No visible clumping yet. They faro very well out of the box, as well.

4/5

Magic
Oooo. The cards are very very thin, so they are ideal for magic. DLs look great, and I've been able to perform all of my favorites without mishap.

Overall
I like these cards very much. They are a bit pricey, but if the price drops after the official release I'll definitely pick up a few more. Overall, these are great cards. Good work David.

4/5

David

Oct 28, 2007
nice review i'm getting mine tomorrow. I love the look of these cards, and i like the new subtle changes to the backs.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Nice review, might pick some up if Grand has any. BTW David, would you happen to be going to Grand on Saturday?

Why, is there something going on? I'm going to a Food Fair at my school, so I can't. Let's put it this way, I prefer stuffing my face for about 5 bucks than spending 60 bucks to go to Grand for magic.

No offense...

David

Sep 1, 2007
California
Why, is there something going on? I'm going to a Food Fair at my school, so I can't. Let's put it this way, I prefer stuffing my face for about 5 bucks than spending 60 bucks to go to Grand for magic.

No offense...

David

Haha No man, nothing is going on. I was just wondering 'cause I might be going and was just cheking:p

Goober, I was infact refering to Grand Illusions in Carmicheal, I hope to see you guys at one of the lectures.

Sep 1, 2007
I bought a deck of each color

In the red deck there was a card with split space back and box image front as David says

but...

In the black deck instead of the box image card was a double backer

Interesting

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I bought a deck of each color

In the red deck there was a card with split space back and box image front as David says

but...

In the black deck instead of the box image card was a double backer

Interesting

Yeah, the black is a bit different. Also, the decks come in a stack (well, the blue one does at least), but I can't tell you which. You'll have to figure that out.

Be expecting a few reviews coming soon, for Shadow Masters, WPT Diamond Backs, Bicycle Tsunamis, Absoluts, League Backs, and possibly some more.

David

Sep 2, 2007
i got mine today, but havent had a chance to open them yet. i was wondering if the order was the same as his previous ss. thank for the answer, that question was burning in the back of my head. oh it is the same stack correct?

Aug 31, 2007
Also, I dont know if anyone knew this,
but on the Ace of Spades, if you turn it upside-down the lettering says something
and something else.
Im not telling what it is, its nothing big though.

Sep 1, 2007
My reds and blacks didn't come in a stack. at least it didn't seem like a stack. They were in order but not standard

It was A-K spades A-K hearts K-A diamonds K-A clubs. STrange.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results