Why aren't there any negative reviews on Ellusionist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Alright, I'll call your bluff.

Who published the review, what was the product, and when?

Haha, I can't even be bothered to do that, I know I'm right, I don't need to prove it to anyone, if you reeeaaally don't believe me and you've got time to waste, go trawl through a bunch of past, buried, threads.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Again, wrong. You can mention other sites on E. We just review E products exclusively since the boards are meant to be a form of customer service.

I'm sure I've seen posts edited because they mentioned other sites, though. I also recall some people having to give like, code names for other sites so they wouldn't get into trouble.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't need to prove it to anyone,

Yes you do. If you claim that a site bans people for publishing negative reviews of their products, then you are expected to provide proof of that claim. The burden of proof is on you.

[Edit by Moderator: Please refrain from attacking other members.]

I'm sure I've seen posts edited because they mentioned other sites, though. I also recall some people having to give like, code names for other sites so they wouldn't get into trouble.

That would be Penguin. Team E does not approve of their business practices, so we avoid giving them any word-of-mouth promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

It is against the rules to talk about other magic sites. I won't lie, but it is true. Try typing "Penguin Magic" in a post and it will come out as "******* *****" (all stars). That is NOT a rumor because I can confirm it as it's happened to me.

Also, ELLUSIONIST AND THEORY 11 ARE SIMILAR IN SO MANY WAYS IT'S RIDICULOUS!!! However, some people still feel the need to make Theory 11 look like a god company and Ellusionist look like dirt. Please people....

Mods.... close the thread. Honestly close all threads having to do with bashing Ellusionist because it is plainly just immature. If some immature 12 year olds don't wish to purchase from E for reasons that don't make sense, then let them.

Any argument against E can be sent to me in a PM and I will gladly tell you why you SHOULD in fact purchase something from E if you like it. Thank you. :)

-Doug

-EDIT-
Oh, and I have to agree that I like Theory 11 as reviews can be posted of ANY magic product. Not just their own. Also, E locks and/or deletes half the threads created it frustrates me.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
That would be Penguin. Team E does not approve of their business practices, so we avoid giving them any word-of-mouth promotion.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

You know, I've realised that a lot of the stuff against E is quite exaggerated and sometimes a complete lie/rumour. Pretty silly. I still don't like their forums though, but that is of personal preference.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Mods.... close the thread. Honestly close all threads having to do with bashing Ellusionist because it is plainly just immature.

Agreed.

Steerpike

Steer. Are you able to give an specific example of why. I've order books from Penguin but if their not on the up and up I'd like to know. Maybe PM me so this doesnt turn into a Penguin bashing thread.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Yes you do. If you claim that a site bans people for publishing negative reviews of their products, then you are expected to provide proof of that claim. The burden of proof is on you.

I don't have time to prove a point to you, but I have every right to open my mouth and tell people exactly what I've seen happen over there, I shouldnt have said, people allready know how the E forums operate.

Stop making a fool of yourself now, your diggin a hole.

P.s. i know your gonna say "your the only person makin a fool out of them selves but not backin up what they said" but Im not someone who needs to show proof to prove people wrong, I'm happy with self satisfaction =)

Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
well, not to be offensive to E or anything, but they have a strict policy on posting. they dont let members badmouth their products. i dont think thats a very good thing, because if somebody wants to buy and item and goes to read the reviews, he?she is only gonna read the good ones and there wont be any bad reviews because there all deleted. then he?she will buy the product and not be satisfied....

Sep 1, 2007
Steer. Are you able to give an specific example of why. I've order books from Penguin but if their not on the up and up I'd like to know. Maybe PM me so this doesnt turn into a Penguin bashing thread.

Look for the open letter from Jay Sankey about his experiences. Other than that, if you ask around certain place, other magicians will give you their experiences.

Stop making a fool of yourself now, your diggin a hole.

Oh, spare me.

I ask you for proof of a blanket statement that I know to be false, and all you do is continually assert that you can say whatever you want and never have to back any of it up.

P.s. i know your gonna say "your the only person makin a fool out of them selves but not backin up what they said" but Im not someone who needs to show proof to prove people wrong, I'm happy with self satisfaction =)

That defeats the purpose of taking part in a public message board.

D

Deleted member 2755

I said it before and I'll say it again.... for the love of magic and all it's worth (had to say it... sorry:D) Please close the thread.... Again, if anyone wishes to know why I think E is very similar to Theory 11... I will gladly say why. A simple post in this thread or a PM asking me and I will type up a very nice essay for all of you. Thank you. :)

As TDA would say..... Let's get back to the magic. :)

-Doug

Steerpike, I uaually don't get in the middle of these type of arguments since I'm a long standing member of both sites so I usually stay bias. I usually support you on previous threads and I have always spoken highly of you and your commitment to furthering magic but you are throwing comments around like " I hate people", and " I hate magicians", and in a way I feel those things as well. But I know your rebuttles can come across more proffessionally without these type of remarks. You come over to T11 and get yourself all battled up to defend E and your playing into their games and your better than this crap. Just my thoughts.

Shane

Sep 1, 2007
they dont let members badmouth their products.

No, we allow dissent. We just don't allow whining.

and there wont be any bad reviews because there all deleted.

The only bad reviews that get deleted are the ones that are poorly written or openly hostile.

You come over to T11 and get yourself all battled up to defend E and your playing into their games and your better than this crap. Just my thoughts.

Around this time in the season in particular (finals), I don't really feel like sugarcoating my words. I feel like being exceptionally blunt and honest until I finish decompressing.

Dec 14, 2007
There are MANY stories of threads that are critical of E and their policies having been removed. I have had people write to me, having just posted something there, to tell me it was removed. I have personally been "warned" by an E staff member that I was not allowed to post anything that might be critical on their boards.

Just FYI.

Brad

Sep 1, 2007
There are MANY stories of threads that are critical of E and their policies having been removed. I have had people write to me, having just posted something there, to tell me it was removed. I have personally been "warned" by an E staff member that I was not allowed to post anything that might be critical on their boards.

Just FYI.

Brad

When does all this take place exactly? I hear all these stories and rumors, but none of these accusations were part of the basic training when I was appointed a moderator.

So either people are overreacting, lying, or my training into becoming a corporate Nazi drone was handled ineptly.

There's an on-going thread in the Products forum that asks if you've ever been disappointed by an Ellusionist purchase. And somehow it manages to sneak by these alleged censorship policies.

Dec 14, 2007
Rather than start a discussion about the controversy here, I will PM you with the details. I may even still have the PM from said staff member.

Brad

We'll there is some truth to that Brad I've had it happen to me I believe one time but I didn't take it to heart. I have been on other forums where cussing and rambling is aloud and usually the threads always get out of control beyond fixing. E is definetley more strict and they keep a death grip on the post they allow to be posted but thats the way they run their show and theres nothing we can do about it. Their is an elitness to their forums but it has always been their since 2004 I am not a part of that but I just take the good with the bad.

Shane

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

I'm going to leave this open for now, but the thread has gotten extremely heated. Nevertheless, we should all try to remain respectable, professional, and civil when carrying on discussions here.

I, along with the other moderators, am going to be keeping a close eye on this thread. In addition, we do have forum guidelines that need to be adhered to. So let's keep that in mind.

Thanks, guys!

Sep 1, 2007
Holy **** E and t11 are pretty much the same thing except that E is much more conservative on their forums than t11. Both companies say that they have new brilliant ideas but as far as I know distortion was michael ammars, digital dissolve was steve deucheks? (is that how u spell his name?), prophet is the same thing as easy money, tnR is the same thing as a million other TnR's. T11's intro video says that magicians are used to taking old tricks and changing them and saying its theirs and that t11 is the next step. Well to me, thats completely false.

And guys this is my opinion. dont get mad at me. Just state your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results