Why aren't there any negative reviews on Ellusionist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2008
The fact of it is that if yoyu write a bad review then you get banned from there forums. I know. I was banned.

All I wrote was that street magic would get a 6 out of 10 in my book because I felt that it did not give good advice for approaching people and really doing street magic. I also said that I did not aprove of the women being dressed up in revealing clothing like that.

Maybe they took that as offense but it wasn't meant to be. I was just stating my opinion and I was banned. Other reasons include that the kids are naive. I am also not sure about this but I think that Ellusionist may delete all negative reviews even if they weren't innapropriate.

Hope I could help.

Can you show us the thread, please? Just delete all cookies and go into the forums and show us your thread.

..:Z:..

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I don't think that t11 has a lot of negative reviews of their products too, because asking about and effect in the site it's sold in is not really smart, you should always ask in 3rd party sites

I hate E's forums. I hate them for several reasons actually:

1. Super strict moderators. Im not asking to be able to swear my butt off or anything, I just think you should be able to voice your opinion about things without being deleted or banned. No Im not going to prove it because I don't care enough to.

2. The members. Honestly. 95% of the people on that forum reply with "theres already a thread on this! Search the forum next time!" Then when you want to discuss something further and you bump an old thread you searched up, they complain that you bumped an old thread. Seriously if you doubt the truth in this your plain and simple just wrong. They do that ALOT!

3. As stupid as this sounds. My other reason is the phrase "Thats my .02 cents". I HATE that phrase. It gets used in every second bloody thread over there. It gets used here and I get frustrated when I see it. This one is just me, theres nothing wrong with it, I just hate it.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Steerpike,

Do you think that maybe after all replies proving you wrong then maybe the fact stands, that Ellusionst will not stand for negative reviews against themselves, and infact DO ban people who give honest, in their own opinion, negative reviews against E. Theres enough evidence in this thread alone to prove you wrong, buuut, if you are still unsatisfied at being proven wrong time and time again, i will, when i have time, trawl through and find a thread where someone has posted a negative view toward E and then got banned.

Dude, it sucks arguing a point and then it turns that you are infact wrong even if initially you think you are right, but this is one of those situations where you are wrong.

The E forums do not take negativity light heartedly in the slightest, everyone knows it.

So referring back to the title of this thread, why aren't there any negative reviews on Ellusionist? it is, still simple, even though Steerpike disagrees, that if you post something negative towards E over at E, you get banned or the thread is closed.

Agreed?

Jan 27, 2008
I hate E's forums. I hate them for several reasons actually:

1. Super strict moderators. Im not asking to be able to swear my butt off or anything, I just think you should be able to voice your opinion about things without being deleted or banned. No Im not going to prove it because I don't care enough to.

You should see what this one said to me:

http://www.elusionist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80137

Man, if I, the "registered user," would've shelled out crap like that and then ask for forgiveness, I would've had my ass handed to me in that forum! But when THEY do it, it's alright and cool and if you complain about it, then you've got no life and your a loser without a women and BLAH.

2. The members. Honestly. 95% of the people on that forum reply with "theres already a thread on this! Search the forum next time!" Then when you want to discuss something further and you bump an old thread you searched up, they complain that you bumped an old thread. Seriously if you doubt the truth in this your plain and simple just wrong. They do that ALOT!

"As stupid is as stupid does."

I agree.

3. As stupid as this sounds. My other reason is the phrase "Thats my .02 cents". I HATE that phrase. It gets used in every second bloody thread over there. It gets used here and I get frustrated when I see it. This one is just me, theres nothing wrong with it, I just hate it.

Wow. I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

Jan 27, 2008
Steerpike,

Do you think that maybe after all replies proving you wrong then maybe the fact stands, that Ellusionst will not stand for negative reviews against themselves, and infact DO ban people who give honest, in their own opinion, negative reviews against E. Theres enough evidence in this thread alone to prove you wrong, buuut, if you are still unsatisfied at being proven wrong time and time again, i will, when i have time, trawl through and find a thread where someone has posted a negative view toward E and then got banned.

Dude, it sucks arguing a point and then it turns that you are infact wrong even if initially you think you are right, but this is one of those situations where you are wrong.

Stubbornness. (Sweet, sweet, one-liners!)

The E forums do not take negativity light heartedly in the slightest, everyone knows it.

There is a lot of negativity in that forum. I can prove that because all of the guidelines have changed to rules. The "Great Debate" threads will exemplify the amount of negativity there.

Every single time (EVERY SINGLE TIME) I look all of the threads there is almost ALWAYS at least four locked threads and a few that have conviently disappeared.

I've had posts that have been strangely vanished WITHOUT my notice. I would contact the mods about that and they would all call me a liar and that the post never even existed.

Then again, I'm just a dumb 15-year-old punk.

So referring back to the title of this thread, why aren't there any negative reviews on Ellusionist? it is, still simple, even though Steerpike disagrees, that if you post something negative towards E over at E, you get banned or the thread is closed.

Censorship at it's best (doesn't mean they can't take it up another level). (Gotta love incessant one-liners! It's hides incompetence!)

Agreed?

Guys,

There is a difference between criticism, and constructive criticism.

If you write a review, constantly bagging and degrading a product, why on earth would they want that review on their forum?

But if you explain in detail what went wrong, and how it could be fixed ASWELL as the positives im sure they would not have an issue.

I mean I have bought or recieved some crappy effects before, but usually I could pull at least something positive from each of them.

If you ever want to write a review and it may be slightly negative towards a product BUT you still are constructive in what you write,

I am more than happy to host it upon my website.

Below:

Matty,

Sep 1, 2007
I've taken some time to think and cool down. I just finished up an extremely hectic week that's left me feeling drained, frustrated, and more than a little irritable. With that in mind, I wish to apologize for the way I've expressed myself today. I do not take back standing up for what I believe is right, but I concede that I did it poorly.

Z, you constantly say the thread you pointed to was deleted. But if it were deleted, then none of us could see it. It was merely locked due to a lack of constructive discussion. As to your past issues with E, I watched the events unfold and you're not in a position to play the victim. Let it go.

As an aside, continuing to take shots at me in the manner you're doing now is not helping your case.

Dylan, if you could tell me what your screenname on the E boards was, I'll look up your deleted review, check the logs, and see if I can maybe give you an answer that satisfies the concerns you've expressed.

Sergey, I think you may have brought up the most profound point in this entire discussion.

LBarnes, people have been banned. But the claims that I have so far been able to investigate seemed to me to be overblown. If you can point to me more specific threads or names I can investigate, I will happily do so.

Please understand that I'm trying to set aside my bad attitude from earlier and show a modicum of objectivity. I maintain however my personal view that this is an issue that is blown dramatically out of proportion and tainted by politics within the magic community.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
ive been permanently banned from the E forums after me and 2 high ranking moderators (i forget the names, was a year ago) got in an arguement on how to handle a thread that i made, that was on topic, that was deleted without notice

I basically verbally humiliated them (as together, they had the smarts of a 6 year old) and was subsquently banned.

I was only there for a little while, and was annoyed with how much hard core moderating was done, you couldnt even mention "double lift" without it being removed

Sep 1, 2007
Before you go patting yourself on the back, Phenomena, keep in mind that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to enter someone's house where they made the rules perfectly clear, break said rules, and then get upset when they intervened. Getting into a fight with your hosts doesn't help the situation either.

And in regards to deleting threads on exposure, need I remind you that you explicitly asked what the gimmick for Box Monster was? And that you publicly admitted to pirating videos with no intention of ever buying the actual DVD?

Glass houses, friend.

I got banned for telling them that the tigers quality wasen't that good i only got one post there.

Could you tell me what your screenname on the messageboards was?

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
Before you go patting yourself on the back, Phenomena, keep in mind that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to enter someone's house where they made the rules perfectly clear, break said rules, and then get upset when they intervened. Getting into a fight with your hosts doesn't help the situation either.

And in regards to deleting threads on exposure, need I remind you that you explicitly asked what the gimmick for Box Monster was? And that you publicly admitted to pirating videos with no intention of ever buying the actual DVD?

Glass houses, friend.

Could you tell me what your screenname on the messageboards was?

long time ago but i will go with greg or greg2007

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
I broke no rules, my topic was deleted without any reason given, because apparently if i had used the "sreach button" (was their first reason)

Then when i did use search, the question i had, never had come up before. They refused to apologise, "put their foot down" , deleted any topic i made made afterwards, so then i started to back myself up, once they realized they were inferior to me, they did anybody with any power would do, remove the competition.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
wont let me edit

Personally, being amazingly anal about the slightest expose is purely retarded.

How does any forum on magic expect discussion if even the most known (ex- double lift) uses in magic, cannot be discussed
Eventually you get what E forums now are, the same topics over and over and over again

Do you have music on your computer, which you downloaded? OH NO, thats piracy!

Sure ive downloaded videos before, so has thousands of others, but unlike the rest of the community, i dont hide behind lies.
Besides, i am doing nothing illegal.
:)

Wow. Ive just read the whole 8 pages of this thread. And I cannot believe what people are saying. Everyone is arguing like a bunch of kids.

Deary me. Cant anyone one let the E vs T11 battle go? Honestly, nobody cares.
E can run their site how they like, its their site. Theory 11 can run their site how they like. Everybody has different rules and regulations.

Im sure you have all got rules and regulations even on your own home. And when theres something you dont like, I dont think you would go have a big cry and moan to your parents. You would just deal with. And if you dont like it, you can go live somewhere else.

Just like with everything else in life, if you dont like it, you can either deal with it, or move on.

Far out. This whole site war thing really annoyes me. And I admire anyone who tries to stop it.

Cheers, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results