What editing software do you use?

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
I typically use Final Cut Pro, but I'm a mac guy... if I'm doing video editing on a Windows based machine, nothing can even hold a candle to Adobe Premiere... although you're gonna be paying out the butt for those software titles... keep telling yourself software piracy is wrong... software piracy is wrong... software piracy is wrong...

A cheaper alternative would be something like Pinnacle Studios stuff.. I think they put out a sorta alright video editing suite for under 100$.

Linux software should use Cinderella. Its opensource and free. Not to mention a damned good piece of software.

Sep 2, 2007
Hong Kong
If you're just starting out, I'll recommend Windows Movie Maker. Since its free and will definitely do the job :). Remember to get the updated version from microsoft.com

As mentioned Adobe Premiere is also great.

However, I personally prefer Sony Vegas. Its probably the most powerful tool I've seen so far.

Sep 1, 2007
Premiere Pro all the way. I'm currently in pre-production for my first performance DVD, and the whole thing will be edited on Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro.

Word of caution: resist the temptation to use any special effects. Seriously. Color correction is fine, encouraged even. But for the love of god don't turn your performance into a David Lee Roth video.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Word of caution: resist the temptation to use any special effects. Seriously. Color correction is fine, encouraged even. But for the love of god don't turn your performance into a David Lee Roth video.

Aw, c'mon.. you know the first few are gonna end up that way, EVERYONE does that their first few times. The subtlety of a simple cross fade, jump cut, slide cut or smash cut is something that has to be learned from experience. :p

Sep 2, 2007
Windows Movie Maker all the way. Fancy titles scrolling across the screen are something I just don't need. Movie Maker allows me to chop the video up, edit it how I want, and add titles and music. That's all I really need.

Sep 1, 2007
movie makers

i use imovie, windows movie maker, & sony

they are both easy and great but my fav is windows movie maker its simple and great

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
On a mac there are great programs you can use like iMovie and Final Cut but on a Windows its not as great, the program i use is Windows movie maker, it works fine but I must say .... it blows.

Sep 5, 2007
I own a video production business. We do all of our editing with Vegas. We are currently shooting with a Panasonic DVX100B.

Sep 4, 2007
I use final cut pro, worth every penny, I have used this in a few projects of mine, always makes it look proffesional.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results