David Blaine on Oprah - New Record

Drowned alive

Hello everyone,

I am a David Blaine fan, but I have to bring up an issue that, to my knowledge, has not been resolved. In the weeks leading up to David Blaine's "DROWNED ALIVE" special, he was claiming that he would either break free from the chains or die. This was the backbone of the suspense surrouding the event. Does anyone feel intentionally misled. or do you think that someones (albeit David Blaine or one of his accociates) mind was changed at the last minute. I've never heard an explanation for this.

Hello everyone,

I am a David Blaine fan, but I have to bring up an issue that, to my knowledge, has not been resolved. In the weeks leading up to David Blaine's "DROWNED ALIVE" special, he was claiming that he would either break free from the chains or die. This was the backbone of the suspense surrouding the event. Does anyone feel intentionally misled. or do you think that someones (albeit David Blaine or one of his accociates) mind was changed at the last minute. I've never heard an explanation for this.
You wanted to see him die?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Hello everyone,

He did break free from the chains, though, didn't he? Maybe he didn't, but I thought I remembered him getting out of them, but not breaking the record. If he didn't get out of the chains, my bad.

He didn't break out from the chains. He was let loose by the divers who were standing by because he began to show signs of struggling. My main point was that he was claiming that he was going to break free or die. Of course I wasn't wishing that he died. I'm just merely pointing out what was advertised.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Oh, ok. I guess it doesn't really matter. I'd rather see some false advertising and "hyping" and see him live, rather than all that and then have him die.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results