Starting Flourishing

Apr 4, 2008
Hey guys my name is max..

I want to start flourishing...What should I start with?

I was thinking about getting the trilogy dvd 2...but is that too hard?

I'm no beginner in magic if that helps.

Thanks, Max

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hey Max! Well i think the trilogy disc two would be a little to advanced for someone starting flourishing.

What i would do is buy Xtreame Beginnerz by Devo.That started me in flourshing and it helped me alot.Then when you are comfortable with the moves and practise alot i would then next get the System by Dan and Dave.Practise,Study those flourshes,Untill you can do them Smoothly.Then after when you are all ready and can do the fllourishes on the dvd's smoothly THEN get the Trilogy Disc 2! Practise makes Perfect :)

Hope that helps!

Apr 24, 2008
I think you should start off with Xtreme BeginnerZ or the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes. You can learn everything form very easy cuts, to advanced cuts, fans and so on there.
After that you might want to check out The System, and after that I'd recommend the trilogy.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Well if you just want to do cuts (like dan and dave) then buy the whole trilogy as it has Flourishes 101 in the Everything Else DVD and you will get a bonus with the Tricks DVD. However if you want to get into..well...things that aren't cuts I would reccommend Xtreme Beginners

Nov 17, 2007
Hey! A new flourisher in the mix. =) It may be tempting to get the Trilogy but you better stick with more basic moves. First, learn the charlier cut, swivel cut, syble, and finger/swing cuts. Those are (at least in my opinion) the foundation cuts for flourishing. Good luck! =)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results