Card Magic Bible

Sep 1, 2007
does anybody know of a good card magic bible (can be on DVD)?
I am on a budget so pricing under 30$ would be good

Andymo

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Romania
I have to dissagree with you C3rb3rus.Expert at the card table was the first book about cards that i read and it's true that it has some tricks in it but it's not really a card magic bible.It's more for card cheating methods:eek:verhand stacking formulas, shifts,culling methods etc.
I would recomend you Roberto Giobbi - Card College 5 volumes.For every slight you learn some tricks that use it too.
or Jean Hugard & Frederick Braue - The Royal Road To Card Magic
and Jean Hugard & Frederick Braue - Expert Card Technique
and Jean Hugard - Encyclopedia of Card Tricks
Depends on what you want to learn.
There are dvd's too.A lot of them.
:)

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
You can't go wrong with either Card College or Royal Road to Card Magic. Card College is more expansive and current but Royal Road still really nails home the fundamentals just as well.

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Royal Road to Card Magic is even on DVD if you're too lazy to read (personally, I find books better). It's made by L&L Publishing and R. Paul Wilson is performing all the effects on the DVD. It is very good if you're a beginner, because it teaches the basic sleights and tricks to go along with them. Later on, you move a step up to palming and shifting. Google it, I'm sure you'll find a store that sells the set. It's 5 DVDs in one package, so you better have some time on your hands.

If you're more the kickass card handler type-of-guy, I recommend By Forces Unseen, the Innovative Card Magic of Earnest Earick written by Stephen Minch. Good luck.

Sep 1, 2007
Bristol,England
'Royal Road To Card Magic' all the way for begginers, has everything you could want to learn and master.

Then when you advance and find your performing style, look into some hardcore sleight of hand books.

Like the ones suggested in Chris's post:D

Hope this helps

Daniel Chard

As a beginner, I can highly recommend you start with "The Royal Road to Card Magic", and then after you feel comfortable with that, move on to such books as "Expert Card Technique" and finally, "Artifice, Ruse, and Subterfuge At the Card Table", better known as "The Expert at the Card Table"

J.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
'Royal Road To Card Magic' all the way for begginers, has everything you could want to learn and master.

Then when you advance and find your performing style, look into some hardcore sleight of hand books.

Like the ones suggested in Chris's post:D

Hope this helps

Daniel Chard

After you get the royal road follow along with gomagicgo's begginers podacast, which will help you work through the book. gomagicgo.com

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
if this book was good enough for Dai Vernon its good enough for anyone.

mmmm, yep he's right. Anyone who cares might trythe Vernon Revelation series on DVD or his Chronicles.

Remember folks, Dai Vernon decided AGAINST a professional career and turned his knowledge to teaching the art, this is why he is known as the Professor.

I reccomend these to anyone who is interested, from beginners to the advanced.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Is Card College more of an advanced or beginner book? Also, they sell The Royal Road of Card Magic on www.ellusionist.com.
Card College by Roberto Giobbi is a 5 volume set that ranges from beginner sleights and tricks to the more advanced. I highly recommend this set. You won't regret buying it - unless you already know all the sleights and tricks in it which I highly doubt.

Sep 1, 2007
Card College is really good for beginners, Royal road as well.
Also I want to mention Daryl`s encyclopedia of card Sleights.
I think Dai Vernon Revelation series are not much for those, who just start in card magic.

Sep 1, 2007
Grenoble (France)
For me you need to have three books,
- Royal Road to Card Magic
- Expert card technique
and for me the bible of magic, John Nothern Hilliard book : Greater Magic
If you would like to have a great book with lots of stuff try to find Greater Magic ;)

i just found and bought a few really old booklets of Edward Marlo's stuff. now who doesn't like Marlo, the king of Cards.

the original Cardician

if you can afford it get the modern compilation of revolutionary card technique. I'm working on affording this myself, so start saving. but it is advanced sleight of hand

Sep 1, 2007
Most Borders and Barnes and Noble have 1 copy of RRTCM and Expert at the Card Table in their inventory. I prefer RRTCM over Expert at the card table for a first time beginner.

Sep 14, 2007
does anybody know of a good card magic bible (can be on DVD)?
I am on a budget so pricing under 30$ would be good

Andymo

It's Kinda Funny, because I'm gonna reccommened you a book I haven't even gotten!

Expert Card Technique or Royal Road to card magic are fabulous! Well, the reviews and comments tell me that they are very informational. Expert Card technique, Im gonna get soon. And that looks like it has TONS of info. You can even see the book preview on amazon :) and see the table of contents.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results