David Blaine :: World Record Breaker

Sep 1, 2007
If he already did it how is it being broadcast live? Hes doing it again? Anyway, thats awesome. Congratulations!

Dec 13, 2007
I was like shouting and clapping in my apartment... Me and my friends were going crazy... I am a fairly big David Blaine fan and admirer... 17 minutes and 4 seconds!!! THATS JUST UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
I'm sure you all know that David Blaine recently attempted to break the world record for holding your breath under water, and he beat it! I'm not even a huge fan of his, but I am impressed by his determination, this can be the official congratulations thread! Congrats David, good job.

''CHICAGO - David Blaine set a new world record Wednesday for breath-holding, 17 minutes and 4 seconds.

The feat was broadcast live during “The Oprah Winfrey Show” and the studio audience cheered as divers pulled the 35-year-old magician from a water-filled sphere.

Blaine looked relaxed afterward and said the record was "a lifelong dream."

Dont you mean holding *HIS* breath.

I just read up a bit more about this. This is a different kind of breath holding record than the one he tried to break on his last special when he when 7 minutes. This time he was allowed to breathe pure oxygen for 23 minutes (he could have gone 30 minutes by the rules) and then hold his breath. Still unreal but it make more sense how he was able to go for over 17 minutes when the other record was around 9 minutes. Kids, do not try this at home!!!

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
That's just sick man 17 minutes and 4 seconds?! I used to be a state competing swimmer and I can only hold my breath for about 4 1/2 minutes if I really try and about 2 minutes if I'm just bored and take a big breath. I can't imagine what it's like to be under for 17 minutes, but then again I was under water for 9 months :).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results