Review :: Absoluts

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I told you I would post a review of the Absolut Vodka cards, so here it is.

Backs
The backs are gorgeous. They are blue and silver, with a bottle (of vodka?) in the middle. They are one way, but I don't mind because I won't use these for magic.

9/10

Faces
I really like these faces. Everything is much smaller on the cards, and the court cards and AS have all been redesigned. You really have to see these to get the full impact. Also, the number cards have recipes using Vodka on them.

9/10

Handling
Magic
I don't really recommend using these for magic. First, they are obviously one way. Second, they almost feel like plastic so they aren't the best in terms of that.

7/10

Flourishing
Weeeeeeeeee. These are amazing. They hold together like plastic cards, but you can still do decent fans and spread. They are incredibly thin, and I feel like I'm holding half of a deck when I use them. They are also very soft, and break in very quickly.

10/10

Overall, these are great flourishing cards. They handle like a dream, and I will definitely get my hands on some more when I have the chance (and money).

9/10

Peace,

David

Sep 1, 2007
These decks can't really faro and they are crappy for fans. for some reason I still like them though because they are soft.

Aug 31, 2007
Hrm. good review, but i guess i don't see what's so special about these. I'd like to see what you think of my personal review.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I saw your post, and I thought it was interesting. It's definitely rare to see cards like these going for so little. I want to shop where ever you're shopping!

It's really all about personal preference. I just like having a smaller deck in my hands, and the Absoluts feel really nice. I also like them to practice aerials, as they hold together extremely well.

To tell you the truth, I haven't used mine in a while. I still have an unopened deck sitting in my drawer, and I'm not sure whether I'll use it or not.

Now what's my eBay account again...?

David

Aug 31, 2007
I agree, they hold together pretty well, but i guess i just love fanning too much :p

A quick Google search told me that Absolut.com used to give these decks away free, if you signed up via email. And they would ship them to you free to :O

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I agree, they hold together pretty well, but i guess i just love fanning too much :p

A quick Google search told me that Absolut.com used to give these decks away free, if you signed up via email. And they would ship them to you free to :O

Yeah, I saw that as well. Wish I had been into these cards at the time, I would create a few hundred email accounts and get a ton of them!

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results