Permission

Aug 31, 2007
Amman, Jordan
Hey guys. Say I performed magic in public and took a video of it. Do I need to get the spectators explicit permission if I say, wanted to put it up on Youtube? I was wondering this I was watching DG project video. He asked the spectator after the trick and asked him to sign a release form. What does this mean?

Nov 26, 2007
He had to get them to sign a release form because he was selling the dvd, i'm not sure thats such a big issue if your just putting it on youtube, however you should really ask the spectator if there are happy for the clip to go on it. It's just polite

Sep 2, 2007
Ask them if they mind if you film them for a youtube video. It gets all of the permissions out of the way.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
As far as I'm aware, you're not legally allowed to use anyones image with out their permission. Wether the law is different for if your selling or just posting footage on the net I'm not sure, but I doubt.

However, look at the millions of video's on the net - do you really think every person signed a release?

If you can contact the people you used, do so, like joycey mentioned it's polite. But if it's just a youtube performance video I wouldn't worry too much about it.

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results