Saturday Night Contest : Challenge Yourself

Jan 19, 2008
This week i am going to enter and i am going to go outside my comfort zone!

I am mostly a hobbiest and am very shy around people...espicialy approaching them! If i ever do build up the courage to approach people, it is with a very basic trick.

This week i am going to approach different people at school and even teachers! I may even try flourishing.

The goal- This week i am going to build up the confedence and go out perform. i will start very basic and hopefully by the end of the week show them what i can really do!!!

Wish me luck :)

Aug 31, 2007
Kids

I've always hated performing for kids and stuff. I love going out to the bars and being on stage where they can't get to close. But lets face it they're the the most judgemental know it all hecklars in the business. However I want to branch out and become more comfortable performing for them because they're are so many opportunities to perform that i'm not embracing because i'm discouraged. What I have chosen to do for the SNC is organize some kind of kid's event that I'll be able to perform and interact with kids so that i can become more comfortable with them... right now i'm thinking a workshop or something along the lines. wiiiiiiish me luck!!!:D

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I'm gonna try to pick up a chick at a friends party.
Using magic of course.
Many people say that magic doesn't get women, I'm willing to put that hypothesis to the test.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
this week im going to begin incorporating two new things into my performance. I am mostly a card magician but have just in the last week been exploring Coin magic. i purchased 3fry and some other stuff is on the way. I will be attempting to successfully integrate this into my routines and hopefully get the reactions i get with cards and not dissapoint.

secondly, something ive been wanting to reveal, im going to begin trying my escapes, more specifically handcuffs, (since straight jackets are in short supply around here) probably sticking to my own personal pair or nickel plated smith and wesson double lock's in my performances, but with any luck sometime this week i will approach a local cop or state trooper (yes i know NY is one of the few places that still calls them "trooper's") and ask to borrow his cuffs, and escape in front of him, with no extra key or trick cuffs. something ive been wanting to do and this is a good time.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I define my magical comfort zone in terms of letting my audiences know that magic isn't real and that everything they see is just an illusion.

So I'm going to create a persona. My plan is to go the the French Quarter one night this week and perform for people as a person who may or may not actually have magical powers. This means that I'll be doing loops, be doing levitations, and mentalism, not stuff I'm used to.

This basically goes outside of my principles in relationship to magic (and quite frankly, as a person). I'm going to really try to become this other person and make people believe it. The challenge is really more of an internal thing. Can I live with myself by praying on other people's, mainly tourist's, emotions? The thing is, it will be fairly easy to do, since most of them will be drunk and looking for a good time. I will be toying with people's emotions.

Like I said, I may hate myself by the time this is over and James Randi may cry himself to sleep, but it's outside my comfort zone, and it's something I need to know about firsthand. It's the power of magic. That's the plan. Holy crap.

May 3, 2008
USA
Hey guys,
this is my first post here and im very exited to be a member here!My goal is since im only 13 is to have a ahow at a retirement home.I have never had a real show before and mostly just show friends and family and im very nervous. But im going to try it.Im working on some routine ideas as we speak.I will post some pictures after the show!
good luck everyone!
-ew33

Sep 1, 2007
My goal for this week is to study for and pass all of my final exams - so I shant be participating. But good luck to everyone else! The results should be fun to see

alright what i am going to do is:
First off i am going to be an RA Next Year at my school and i have to make door decorations for the people living there. so i want to incorperate magic into the decor.
Second: Make A tutorial on a trick (something from my kids book)
Thrid: Make a street magic video with my friend (who also does magic)
Fourth: Put it to music (hopefully my own music.)

I have always wanted to do this. Walk down the middle of the main street blindfolded, but that might be a bit dangerous so Ill do a levitiation in the middle of the road. Now I hate doing levitiations becouse lots of people no the Balducci and they will go ''You are doing the thing on TV'' or they will get a glipse of what you are doing.

JDEN

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,
this is my first post here and im very exited to be a member here!My goal is since im only 13 is to have a ahow at a retirement home.I have never had a real show before and mostly just show friends and family and im very nervous. But im going to try it.Im working on some routine ideas as we speak.I will post some pictures after the show!
good luck everyone!
-ew33

Hey! Welcome to T11. It's really cool here. You'll like it. Just remember, be cool to others and others will be cool to you. It's like the golden rule, but with a lower heat capacity.

Again, welcome, and when you get a chance, look over the forum guidelines.

Mar 30, 2008
I have one goal for this next week. That is to learn how to freerun and do parkour. I just actually started this today, and I get very scared at large jumps. By the end of friday, I want to have freerun over 10 miles all together.

Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas
well I went to the world magic seminar this year and got to hang with jeff mcbride for the teen weekend, plus watching that crazy korean guy in the international stage contest I will decide to start doing card manipulations. I hope in a week I could learn a few basics heeh

Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
David Blaine has this stunt he will be attempting, Not Sleep, well I will sleep the entire week haha just kidding

MY Challenge will be-

I WILL TRY TO MAKE A LIVING DOING MAGIC.
I will try to get at least 3 gigs from random strangers and one of those 3 gigs has to be a restaraunt or Bar.(in order to get the gigs I must perform magic and convince them that Im the greatest magician they seen and good enough that they should hire me)

Since my room is so so dirty,I will start the challenge by cleaning my room and then I will go out to the streets of Houston and Sugar Land , TX , and Try to make a Living doing what I love the Most!
- Caesar Trujillo

Oct 23, 2007
i am going to make a video of perforamig on the street since i have never filmed me perforaming and it will be 17 mins and 4 secs using all daniel garcia effects to put a spin on it. how this will be hard is beacuse i have wacth what i am doing what the cameria can a cant see and i have to make sure the lay people are having fun.

Aug 31, 2007
I am going to do a close up magic show for my Aunt's birthday. In the next 20 minutes. I will try to video it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results