Could I write this essay around magic?

Here is the question:

Evaluate at least TWO examples of further training which could be undertaken in order to facilitate entry into a specific profession related to the performing arts.

I have to write 1200 words on this, could I use this for my magic? I am not sure about which places to compare, please can I ask here for advice. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I'm not sure do I understand what you mean. You have to compare two places to take further training in magic?

Mystery School of Jeff McBride comes to mind, but I don't know much about it.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
It looks like its saying 2 examples, not just places. Also, looks like they want it for the same art form (into a specific profession).

Some off the top of my head would be:

1. Books
2. Mentor
3. PDF's
4. DVD's
5. Lector's
6. School's
7. magizines

I'm sure there are tons more those were just off the top of my head.

Sep 1, 2007
live performances

makes you comfortable around audiences and with sleights.

and i dont know a good second one =\

Yeah to break it down I guess it means this:

Examine and look at two ways of getting futher training (magic castle/magic circle maybe? Or other magic clubs/schools?) In order to become a professional magician in the future.

Hope that makes more sense, I think you guys are understanding it though :)

Thanks for the quick replies!

Dec 28, 2007
Here is the question:

Evaluate at least TWO examples of further training which could be undertaken in order to facilitate entry into a specific profession related to the performing arts.

I have to write 1200 words on this, could I use this for my magic? I am not sure about which places to compare, please can I ask here for advice. Thanks.

You might want to think more around magic as well as within.
Apart from actually doing magic you could also discuss the following:

Marketing skills (promotional activities, customer targeting, web activity etc)

Illusion design (how to do it, who could do it, legal aspects of secrecy and copywright)

Self management (accountacy/tax knowlage, time management)

Genearal legal (contract law, liability etc.)

Profesional magic demands more than just being able to perform. How do you get work? What happens if someone does not pay you? Should you accept a contract from an agent? If someone gets injured during your act, what do you do?
This should give you 1200 words.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results