Teacher Fired for 'Wizardry'

Sep 1, 2007
Ceres, Ca.
Please remember:

The media very seldom reports the whole story.

Though I fail to see why this teacher is in trouble, I can almost gaurantee there is more to the story.

News sources align stories to pretty much keep the general population in a state of fear and incredulity. Even the most mundane stories can be blown out of proportion in order to compel an audience to watch/read/listen to their particular product.

Locally, several years ago a local station came up with a "teaser" asking "What dangerous chemicals are polluting our drinking water?" and "Is sewage in our drinking water?". Essentially after several days of these teasers the answers were "None" and "No"

However one of the main sponsers for the local news program was Alhambra Water................Nice.

Dave

I'll preface this post by saying that it is not meant to offend anyone's religious beliefs.

I once performed magic for a member of the Jehovah's Witness faith. He told me that even though he knew it wasn't real, it was still deception. He then told me that deception is the work of the Devil. He told me I needed to quit magic immediately to get back on the right path to God. I've never had a better reaction from a spectator since.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
AHHH! Burn the witch!

But honestly, how stupid can people get?

*cough* harrypotterbannedinschools *cough*

I've just learned to never question the stupidity of people. The world tends to set out and prove it to you.

I'll preface this post by saying that it is not meant to offend anyone's religious beliefs.

I once performed magic for a member of the Jehovah's Witness faith. He told me that even though he knew it wasn't real, it was still deception. He then told me that deception is the work of the Devil. He told me I needed to quit magic immediately to get back on the right path to God. I've never had a better reaction from a spectator since.

You should have asked if he enjoys television, or if he played the imagination game as a child.

-ThrallMind

May 5, 2008
This is crazy! I'm a radio host by profession and it went straight to the top of my weird news list. Thanks for posting this.

###Lazydog

D

Deleted member 2755

As Josh said... I'm not offending anyone, but I have to get this off my chest because I have such an urge to post this. :)

I guess we should all quit magic because apparently putting happiness in people's lives is a sin and we could go to hell. ;)

Haha, I think that member doesn't really see the point in magic. We aren't set out to fool people and showoff (of course it is fun though....) We do it for not only our own entertainment, but it entertains others as well and it is fun. Sure some things can also be creepy... but it's not like we all go around saying that we have supernatural powers.

Also, about that teacher... WOW is all I can say. *sigh* In our society it seems no one can be different if you want to fit in or be considered normal... Having some fun gets him fired.... that's nice...

-Doug

Sep 13, 2007
Franklin, OH
It's time for us...

To start removing warning labels from everything and just let nature take its course. If a teacher gets fired for a magic trick, it's only a matter of time before the world of 'Idiocracy' befalls us.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
It's not like the guy was converting kids into a colt by doing a magic trick.
He did one stupid little trick, probably because the kids were bored. Next thing you know, he's jeopardizing the kids learning abilities.
Ha, next thing you know, magic will be illegal.
People suck lol, jp

May 5, 2008
We live in a world where Al Gore is considered a reliable scientific resource, and teachers are fired for entertaining deception? That's it! I'm moving to the moon!

###lazydog

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Seems stupid to me. My English teacher came up to me in the halls today before school and told me about it. I think they're taking it way too far, but I'm sure there is more to the story.

May 5, 2008
That was a really great movie, and I could see us in the future living like that...

::starts working on the next prime-time television hit "ouch my balls":: Casting starts after the 2008 election is over.

###lazydog

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results